19 FT SEA NYMPH GL FUEL TANK

emtystringer

INEED TO CUT AWAY SOME OF THE FLOOR TO ACCESS FUEL LINE ENTERING TANK I BE LEIVE THE PICK UP TUBE HAS BROKEN OFF.I DON;T WANT TO RIP THE ENTIRE FLOOR UP . I WOULD LIKE SO HELP AS TO WERE THE LOCATION WOULD BE AS THE PERSON PUT A NEW FLOOR IN AND COVERED IT AND I HAVE NO IDEA WERE TO CUT

On my Lund, the fuel line to the tank runs straight down the sidewall from fill port to sub-floor, then straight across boat on top of tank (under floorboards). I have a center pannel I can unscrew to access the fuel tank input/output lines. The sending unit for the fuel guage and pick-up lines lays left of center in my boat. Hope this helps you. My flooring is vynal, not carpeted.

Make your cut 1in. outboard of the bilge opening on the starboard side and 3/4in outboard of the opening on the port side. If you want a full fuel cell access panel it will be 63 1/2in long. If you just want to cut a small hole to access the fuel cell outlet then the panel will be 10in long from leading edge of bilge hole forward to center of cross bar support. I hope this is understandable.

Buckpost-147154-0-09223300-1363215351_thumb.jpgpost-147154-0-17700400-1363215393_thumb.jpgpost-147154-0-67104800-1363215433_thumb.jpg

Use caution and set your depth of cut shy as you will be cutting center of stringers and center of cross bar so that your panel edge will be supported.

Edited by buckboardjr

Make your cut 1in. outboard of the bilge opening on the starboard side and 3/4in outboard of the opening on the port side. If you want a full fuel cell access panel it will be 63 1/2in long. If you just want to cut a small hole to access the fuel cell outlet then the panel will be 10in long from leading edge of bilge hole forward to center of cross bar support. I hope this is understandable.

Buckattachicon.gifP1020165.JPGattachicon.gifP1020166.JPGattachicon.gifP1020167.JPG

reason 10000000 this site is awsome