Favorite vs worst fishing conditions

Besides obvious weather problems ( waves, storms, etc) What are your favorite weather conditions to fish? What are your least favorite conditions to fish?  If you could draw up your perfect conditions to catch fish on Lady O what would they be?

Most:  55-65 air,  6:30 am, slight South East wind,  over cast, thunderstorms predicted for tonite.

Least:  85 air, 10:30 am, 15-20 West wind, clear sky - cuz every freeking rag boat is out there :mooning:  

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I wish the weather was all that keep me from fishing on any day I have off. I do however prefer a day without rain..no cabin..hate cold rain on me, don't like wearing rain gear, can't bring myself to fish buffy style like our friend Ray K...brrr cold rain. Don't like 90 degree, no wind :sweating: , middle of the day either. Holiday weekends with the Griswold families :headbang:  at the launch are not my favorite time either...not that, that is weather related, but however,.. NOW the cold rain has an advantage for me.

Best weather conditions for me, outside of ME being comfortable, are morning sunrise with clouds hanging over land, lake clear overhead, good color in the water, no wind or a slight south west breeze that has prevailed for 2 to 3 days, and it's a weekday.

Afternoon trolls are very productive for me when the day has been bright and a chop on the water, I will run offshore, and find the scumline, and the wind dies down about 6 pm to dusk where the salmon and trout are coming back from their ice water mansions looking for an evening meal of suspended Alewife, and hatching flies in the scumline. A peaceful time on the water as the sun sets low on the lake and the colors just bring a calm to ones soul....... whine of the rigger cables, wind playing tunes in the taught fishing lines, rippled water surface lapping on the hull, watching bubbles and swirls behind the boat, as I ease back in the helmseat, and gaze at the sky turning that deep blue over head and blending to a dark purple to the east as the sun :sun:  just touches the western horizon and sends beams of COLOR across the lake surface directly towards my boat, and beckons me to troll in it's direction for that last hit of the day before running to port.

BUT those two young blondes, well....in my mind, as I sit here, dreaming of those perfect evenings, are......months away!...Ok back to reality, and just fishing, cause it ain't happenin' that way, they better get licenses and a few more rods in the water :angel:

Mark

ya what ^ said, only thing I would add, is the flys during summer that come out to feed on those dead calm days.....ha ha .... they sure can bite ..... drove me off the lake once last summer, couldn't take it anymore. If you guys have any tips on keeping them away I would like to hear it.

Edited by Hooked on Kings