Slide Diver's on Steel line

stan

I been running my Slide Divers on Braid for some years now.....A couple weeks ago I hear some are using steel line now.

The only advantage I can come up with  is probably not mush of a bow in the line with the steel as with the braid. 

I also understand your tying about 30' of Flor or Mono direct to the steel. 

What's the advantage to the Steel over the Braid... ?   Little help here please.....

unless they are running the slide diver on the mono that is attached to the steel line, i don't see how it is possible, when you set the slide diver it would kink the wire. 

chris

Yes Chris, they are tying the Mono or Flor to the Steel line, and putting the slide diver only on the Mono

some of the advantages of the wire line i can see is you would gain greater depth with the same lb. line due to it being thinner, and i was told somewhere along the way that wire line gives a sort of (electric hum) like downrigger cable, that strikes a predatory response in fish.  the disadvantages is wire line WILL kink, somewhere somehow, it WILL kink, the newer 19 strand wire line takes a little more to kink but it still will.  other than that i guess it is personal preference, never ran slide diver on braid, i have ran them on 50lb mono, and dipsy's on wire.  Oh yeah down currents are a ****, wire line handles them alot better than mono, can't comment on the braid.

Stan hi cdqs dad I've been running wire on slide divers over six yrs. works very well run 45ft of 45lb mono then barrel swivel then 8ft. 20lb. Floro snap then lure. Now u can run slide dive anywhere on 45lb. Line. I use okuma wire roller rod. Whole system works very smooth. Caught many big kings. First one yrs ago. 28lbs. Lov the rig. Steelhead like it to. I run clear slide divers. When diver releases runs down to barrel swivel and stops. I run slide divers both sides boat. When other boats are catchin fish on dipseys I move slide dive closer to lure. Normally 25 ft away for spoons good start point. Spin doctors normal recommended lengths . Very easy to trip diver for rerig. Tracs and runs well in rough seas. High ratio fish landed after hook up. I run pc. Plastic tubing on mono instead of spring that comes with diver. Spring works just as well to. Plus run rubber band half hitch to wire other end to reel handle can set drag little lighter #30 rubber bands . Good luck!