I have a question about a set up I want to try and was hoping you guys could give me your opinion. I have a 20' Starcraft. I want to run two rigger rods one on each of my Mag 10's. I would like to run two dipsey's off each side, one wire and one Power Pro on each side. I was planning on putting the dipsey with Power Pro on a three setting on the outside since I suspect I will need more line out to reach the deeper water. Put the wire on the inside on a one and a half setting and keep it in at least 50' closer than the outside dipsey. Then do the same on the other side, this will allow me to get 6 rods in the water and maybe throw cheaters on the rigger rods. Am I just asking for tangles? I ran two dipsey's off each side last year wit very few problems but I am new to wire so I'm not sure if this will work the same.

if im reading right you want to run 4 dipsy diver total off the back? 2 on each side? maybe someone wil say different but i tried that last year and was a tangled mess. i ended up running 3 dipsys off the back successfully though. 1 straight down the middle and 1 off each side on the number 3 settings and thats the max i would do. imho if you want to run 6 rods (like i am planning to do) run 2 riggers, 2 dipsy divers on the number 3 settings and run a planer board on each side about 100-150 out running wire or leadcore on those. 

^^ that should work. its better to not run all the same size divers.. run 2 bigger ones that go deeper than the other 2 and you may have success... all i know is i didnt.. but especially running 3 or more divers you really have to make sure your turns are looooong and slow!

Edited by fieromx3

It will work the same, my setup for Erie eyes 2 riggers 4 dipsys and 4 cores on the big boards. Deepest in the middle highest on the outside.

Fiero if your tangling that much just running lines try making bigger turns and deploying your dipsys slow as can be. Thumbing the spool is to fast the line will wrap the dipsy in a second flat

i try to go as slow as possible i will thumb it but i usually let out about 10-15 feet at a time slowly and hold for a sec so they can work there way in the position they want to run. but when your letting line out on 3 dipsys up to 300-350 feet each you tend to try and do it quickly :P

I'm not picking but try setting one in and just loosen the drag so it deploys itself in the meantime get your next rod setup and started. By the time your third rods started since you only run 3 L R C your first one will be down and ready to lock in. Leave the clicker on so you don't forget it still moving.

And he's already fine running 2 dipsys per side his question was switching to wire and other than the obvious fact that the depths may change a little due to line diameter and a couple other minor factors yes you'll be fine

Brian. That setup sounds workable, but be aware that once the fleas start the braid won't cut it. Work towards 4 wires and your depths will be more predictable also.

We ran 4 dipsys last season, mags on inside on .5 or 1 and #1 dipsy on 3 or 3.5 on out side, all on 30lb wire. You can get almost 2 to 1 on mags and 3 to 1 on #1 dipsy on the outside.  This gives good seperation, did have one tangle but it was in rough water when it was tough to control the turn. 

I have a question about a set up I want to try and was hoping you guys could give me your opinion. I have a 20' Starcraft. I want to run two rigger rods one on each of my Mag 10's. I would like to run two dipsey's off each side, one wire and one Power Pro on each side. I was planning on putting the dipsey with Power Pro on a three setting on the outside since I suspect I will need more line out to reach the deeper water. Put the wire on the inside on a one and a half setting and keep it in at least 50' closer than the outside dipsey. Then do the same on the other side, this will allow me to get 6 rods in the water and maybe throw cheaters on the rigger rods. Am I just asking for tangles? I ran two dipsey's off each side last year wit very few problems but I am new to wire so I'm not sure if this will work the same.

What your doing will certainly work. The only suggestion i would have is to run your wire diver on a .5-1 setting. 

My dipsey sets i run are all the same. Matching equipment and always 30# wire and matching divers. My belief is everything is the same, i am able to judge their performance and pin point their location in the water better because they should react the same in the water. 

No problem with that set up! I would run a mag on 1.5 then a one on 2.5. Like others have said four wires will work all year and fleas won't bug ya. With that 20ft boat you could run 20 rods with no tangles. Sean

:yes:

Thanks all - I had no problem with 2 dipsey's on each side last year but all were on Power Pro, now that I have 2 wire and 2 Power Pro i wasn't sure if that set up would work.  I am going to try to get all wire dipsey set ups soon, I just want to see how it is with the two I have first.  From everything I hear they can out fish anything else on certain days, I'm not sure why but maybe it's because they just dig deeper and you still get the same old good Dipsey effect....

Stacking or sliders on the riggers is going to cause you problems. Don't. Just run them clean if they are part of the set. Not sure, but suspect that the rigger is going to have to come up before landing a fish off the dipseys.