clip on line counter

Looking to get one for various uses, and good to know that the Berkley one is a good choice.  My one question is, can you use it with copper?  I've got to respool a copper rod and it would be nice to have a better way to put put a measured length of copper half way accurately.

Right now I'm stretching out on the tractor lane by the house along a measured distance.

I use the berkley with my penn reels and really like them. Mine aren't the back lit ones but they work really well. I checked them to my line counters on the reels and were within 1' after 300' being released and the clamp ons seemed to be closer when I measured them out in my back yard. 

My neighbors must have thought I was nuts walking from the front yard to the back with a tape measure and fishing pole and tying my line to a couple stakes.

I use one on a copper rig and given my nature (don't always trust every gadget that comes out :>) I have used the thing to run the copper out in the backyard and then mark the copper itself in 100 ft. sections with small amount of highly visible red yarn tied and then glued with super glue to the copper so that even if the line counter f's up I still have my backup system :lol:

I also thought the same thing as Chas while I was doing it....guess fishing nuts think alike  :) 

Edited by Sk8man