Setting rods - What order?

Spring (May) - Set the rigger rods first. All 3 of them. Then I set up the 2 wires or slide divers. Next the boards go in the water and i set my top line out the the end near the board. Next comes a SWR rig just inside it. These two lines are set for coho and steel.

Summer/Early Fall - Well, I let the inside wires on both sides go out on the clicker while i set the middle rigger with the probe on it. Once thats done I get the corner riggers in the water and then the outside wires. Once that is all said and done I plan out what junk lines will go in the water (lead, copper) and set those last.

Fall - Set riggers first. Set divers second, and lastly a few top lines off the boards and a core down the chute.

These may change a little but fo the most part its the same. How bout you fellas?

For spring I set my probe rigger first so I can get a temp and to also set my speed.then I set the other ones then the wires goes out I don't have a copper or lead set up yet so I'm working on that ;) I find that I had better luck with a rigger bite at the Bar last year so I only ran 1 wire rig.In the summer to fall the wires are in as soon as we power down to a trolling speed as they are clicking away we start the kicker motor and then the probe rigger goes in and then the other riggers.

ONLY 92 day until spring :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

the probe rigger always goes in first then....

in spring ill take care of the boards first then play with some spoons on the riggers

in summer it depends on where my hot bite is coming from and where temp is. my set up plan could change daily.

in fall i almost always start with the riggers and then set my dipseys

Spring Browns:

-1st boards

-2nd rigs

Salmon fishing

-1st the probe rigger

-2nd I get the divers started out, my son finishes them while I finish the

rigs.

-Last, lead if I choose to run it

always get the starboard wire diver started first, then as that is in the rod holder creeping out, I drop the probe rigger (also starboard). Repeat the procedure on port side, core/copper after those are down and set.

It's great when that first diver rod gets whacked as it's creeping out while I'm setting the probe rigger. Happens quite a bit.

Tim