Dec trolling regulations

I was on line the other day and came across an article stating that while trolling on lake ontario for trout or salmon

that if you are the only one in the boat you can have only 3 rods in the water.Is there any truth to this? Its kind of funny

and that Im kind of new to all this and had my first new boat last year the DEC pulled up to me to check me out off shore from Oswego and I had four rods in the water and not a word about it. Still learning. Your thoughts?

Hopefully we won't be returning to the TWO RODS PER PERSON which was in effect prior to this temporary experimental period where three rods are allowed (which is set to expire in December 2013).

You can have as many rods as you want.  NYS regulations say you are only allowed 3 LINES per person and you must be in attendence of them.  note: you can have 50 rods in the boat, but only actively fishing w/  3 per person)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Did you have a life vest on? If I'm not mistaken if fishing before April 1st you must always be wearing a life jacket. I think it goes into effect after Nov 1st till April 1st.

Cold Weather Boaters

Anyone underway in a boat less than 21 feet in length anytime between November 1 and May 1 must wear a securely fastened life jacket. This in-cludes canoes, kayaks, rowboats and motorboats Commercial vessels are exempt.

NYS Nav. Law Section 40.1(e).

Youths Under 12

Any youth under the age of 12 on boats 65 feet or less in length must wear a securely fastened U.S. Coast Guard approved personal floatation device of appropriate size. It does not apply if the youth is in a full en-closed cabin.

NYS Nav. Law Section 40.1(d).

Edited by ERABBIT