P-66 Transducer Airmar

I just up graded my transducer to the TM260... 

So I have a P-66 Airmar transducer $75.00, I had the P-66 for just 10 mos and was new when installed on my boat..Good shape nothing wrong with it, I have only been in freshwater with it.

SOLD

Edited by stan

From what I understand thru Airmar you can buy short length adapters that will let you adapth a transducer from one brand FF  to another. I'm going thru the same thing, I have a P66, bought to fit a lowrance and going to a furuno 587. What I would really like to know is it worth the extra money to go to the TM260 ? Prior answers have been you don't really need anything more than the P66 and 600W due to the depth of fishing in LO. Has anyone used a TM 260 to really say whether the difference has been. I know that once you have the TM260 you can use the 1K watt on the 587 and are good for salt waters deeper depths

Just to set the record straight I contacted Gemeco, Airmar's branch that sells transducers and they do not carry adapters that adapt one transducer to fit another make FF, you would have to obtain a pigtail from the maker of the new unit and splice wires. My bad

cheeseyrider

There is a huge differance between the P-66 and the TM-260.. When I took my boat out for a test run with the TM-260 I could notice a big change right away.

For Tournament fishing the Furuno & Tm-260 should be outlawed...it's just not fair to the rest of the field fishing.I wish I made this change 7 years ago.