Dipsey Reels

I have two wire and one power pro dipsey set-ups with daiwa 47lc reels. Roller rods for the wire and a twilli on the power pro. I have an extra rod with the twilli tip laying around and want to add another dipsey set-up. What would you guys suggest and why, another power pro rig or the wire? I will need another reel, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Edited by blacksquirrel2

You will be a very mad indian if you use Power pro for your dipsy during flea season. In case you haven't experienced those little b sterds yet, you will know what I mean when they cling all over the braid and jam your guides full with a salmon on. You will not be able to reel it in!

Use Malin or Torpedo 7 or 19 strand 30 lb wire and the fleas will be less trouble. There is a braid that works ok also but it is not power pro. It is Fireline Fused Original in grey. 30 lb has worked well for me for a couple years and it does about the same as wire s far as depth and flea control, without the kinky problems of wire. The fireline is a very slick braid, and only the original in grey color works to keep fleas off.

Mark

The 47's should be OK for 1000 ft. wire and some mono backing and 30 lb wire is by far the best way to go for all the reasons mentioned....especially the fleas. Nothing like not being able to get your line back in (clogged at the tip and early eyes) when you have tons of it out in flea season with a fish on the other end. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...