Launched at day break breaking skim ice to get out. Set upon a north troll and ran into an iceberg field up at Selkirk.Headed south and picked up our first fish just west of the LSR. Continued to Catfish and back with most fish coming just west of the Launch. Warmest water we found was 36. Water was well stained with a ton of debris. We managed 7 browns for 11 releases all cookie cutters. Saw one other boat that joined us late afternoon.Most fish came off Smithwick creek chubs .Could not get a spoon to fire. Chilly but very enjoyable day on the pond

Scott

Good report, I'm going really soon, checked the launch today same thing slim ice in the launch and out in the river...I accidentally started a topic in another area, is there any way to delete it...?

• 11 months later...

Was at Mikes marina on the little salmon this AM and the river is still basically all iced over. Didnt even bother to check the state launch as i had to get to work, and i didnt expect it to look that good

ugghhh, not good.  Does it even look like it wants to free up at all?

I was told last Friday ice in the river was 12-15" thick. Right now I am on the shoreline at nine mile and the ice is from the shore out past 300FOW. The whole bay is covered, it will take a big wind or very warm temps to clear it out any time soon. I would look west if you want to get out!! I will update as conditions change.

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app