EZ Steer, Steering System

Thun

I just bought a boat with a Mercury 150 Opti XL and a Mercury 9.9 ML kicker. I like the EZ Steer steering system but noticed on their website that they don't list the 150 Opti. Does anyone know if I can use this outboard to outboard system with my outboards? I've called twice and left messages and e-mailed also. I hate to waste $300 bucks if it won't fit.

http://www.marinetechproducts.com/pages/EZFitGuide

I have it on my  2 stroke 135 Merc Opti and no problem so I would imagine it would fit your 150 as well. They are just sort of hose clamps over rubber around the motor shaft with the quick disconnects pointing to the rear and the bands can be adjusted so it shouldn't be a problem. The distance on the rod between the motors should be taken up in the slip connection on the rod when it is installed.

• 1 month later...

My islander came with the bracket still attached to the Mercruiser Alpha 1 drive. I need all of the remaining parts. Can I purchase them seperatly? I think that the part attached to my drive is permenent

Kuba

Thank you...I wish I had seen that before my son bought the EZ Steer. I've bookmarked that thread and if this unit doesn't work out, I'll return it and take your advice. My two sons and I went partners on a new Targa and after I paid the down payment, registration, insurance, bought four Mag 10's, MasterTroll, Beckman net, Cisco downrigger mounts and rod holders, 12 rods and reels and a few other smaller things, I finally asked my sons to kick in a little so one bought the EZ Steer and the other gave me three hundred towards the riggers. Now I'm not complaining mind you, I love them both, I'm glad I could do it and I'm looking forward to fishing Lake O with them for the rest of my life. If I tell them I could have done it for $20.00, they'll never let me live it down!

Bow and Stern Marine, North Tonawanda, equipped my friends new Mercury motors, 150 and 9.9hp engines, with a solid rod with quick release couplings on the front of the engines. Easy and professionally installed. The 9.9 engine has a strap that holds the free swinging engine solid when disconnected from the main engine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Check out those stick steers, never used one but looks sharp. I just have a 20$ bracket from west marine, but both my motors are transom mount, anything more than 20$ though and I'd give it a shot

Unfortunatly the stick steers do not work on an I/O

Thun, look for a topic "steering with a kicker, how?"

My kit cost me 20$ and performs flawlessly. Best 20$ I spent.

:yes:  :yes: :yes:  .....best $8 I've ever spent, on my boat that is :lol: