Riggers mounted on track systems

Anyone have any experience with riggers mounted on track systems? My plans are to mount my out downs to 3" pedestal swivel bases with backing plates. Ect. My concern was a 16 lb torpedo up and down with the leverage of the pedestals on the tracks. Probably traxstech tracks and pedestal... 27 tiara Thanks for any input.

agreed...I've run Traxstech systems for years all with pedestal mounts...4 riggers with torpedo weights... Mine are also on a trolling bar which is raised as well...

I have also used the traxstech tracks with traxstech 3 inch swivel bases for a few years without any problems. Backing plates are a must IMO.

Edited by MikeyP

I have 2 riggers per side on 3ft tracks. I had to reinforce the gunwale of my Striper 2101 WA. I was getting ALOT of flex when my Cannon stx10 (5.5ft boom) were stopping/starting. I researched it and it turns out, for whatever reason, the gunwale actually has a removable deck plate! On the Stiper's Owner website there were all kinds of horror stories bout people losing their riggers that were mounted to the deck plate. After some serious reinforcing I'm comfortable now but I've seen other Stripers out there without any reinforcing and it makes me shudder. I pointed it out to a skipper once but I'm not sure it didn't fall on deaf ears. Part of the issue is that it's the perfect size and spot for a 3ft track...

I run the 5.5 booms straight out the sides (have to use a stick to retrieve the ball) and a 2ft boom at 45 deg angle towards the stern. I run similar lead lengths but always have the two 2 ft booms closer to the stern and deeper on the ball. I've never tangled with this setup. I have noticed that >70% of my fish come off these shorter rear booms running deeper (generally 10 ft deeper or more)... Anyone care to speculate why (other than "because the fish are deeper")?

I installed a custom raised TraxsTech system along with their swivel mounts 3 years ago when I got my new boat. I run 3 Scotty downriggers with 20 lb Torpedo weights ... Absolutely no problems! I Used the backing plates  provided with my track system.  My recommendation go heavy duty for backing - spread the load out and you'll have no problems.

I have zero issues with my traxtech track system , but the 3" swivel bases are another story. Been a nightmare last year. They've been sent back 2 times for a wobble in the top plate. Hopefully this last send back helps because my patience is getting thin.

I have zero issues with my traxtech track system , but the 3" swivel bases are another story. Been a nightmare last year. They've been sent back 2 times for a wobble in the top plate. Hopefully this last send back helps because my patience is getting thin.

I have 4" cannon swivel pedestal mounts that I returned them and bought 4" fixed mounts with low profile swivels because of the progressively worsening wobble (over the course of one season).

I've ran 4 Traxstech 3" swivels for 4 years and haven't experienced any wobble in any of them yet. 

I had 13' of track on my little boat and didn't notice any stress issues.  I only backed up the tracks that Traxstech recommends (18" and shorter).  I now have 12' of track on the big boat but only have a half season on it.

The only problems I've had with Traxstech products is that a planer reel cracked and I lost a retaining clip/snap ring on the axle of one adjustable rod holders (I have 12 so one clip on 1 holder isn't bad).  In both cases, I called them and they sent out the parts no problem.