WTB recent model year Cannon Mag 10 or Mag 20 riggers

Looking for a pair of Cannon Mag 10 or Cannon Mag 20 electric downriggers in good working condition. Would like them to be the new high speed (HS) version (250 feet/min) so they'll need not to be older then few years.

I was considering buying new at local place for $400/e.a. for MAG 10, but would like to compare what a year or two used ones will cost me. Hope I could save some.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Thanks Jim.

I wasn't sure what year exactly did Cannon come up with HS series....are you sure it is 2007 as I seem to have read somewhere it was 2006? Could someone confirm this?

I was quoted $400 for brand new 2008 model of Mag 10 without the swivel base and $479 with the swivel.

As you can see from my other post, I am looking for Berts tackle swivel bases so I will not need the Cannon swivel bases anyways. But I need the telescoping boom on the Mag 10.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Cannon came out with the new High Speed riggers in 2007 for sure. I have the new Mag 10HS on my boat and they absolutely fly.

The Mag 5 HS is the exact same downrigger as the Mag 10 HS, but without the swivel base and the telescoping boom. You can typically find the Mag 5 HS for around $350. The Mag 10 HS typically goes for around $490. Captain Gary's has them online for about that price. That price you were quoted both with and without the swivel is about right. New swivel bases go for around $80.

http://www.captgarys.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/37

Thanks Bill.

I've just got a reply by email from Cannon.

"...The HS models came out then in late 2006 as a 2007 introduced new model. Serial numbers will read CNAG or CNAH..."

So you and Jim were both right, the 2007 model with those serial numbers were the first HS series made.

Maybe I could find a pair from someone who wants to upgrade to different models. If new 2008 MAG 10 is about $400 (without the swivel base), I hope a 2007 model will be in the $300 range and this will save me some.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

• 1 month later...
If u havent found any yet...I have a pretty new mag 10 & mag 20 for sale...Rusty Balls

Hey Rusty,

I stroke a good deal on pair of brand new MAG 10's (couldn't find any high speed used ones), but have not pulled the trigger yet. I was planning to buy them at the upcoming boat/fishing show. So let me know what you are asking for yours?

I've just emailed you.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman