Dock at Keuka?

Can't believe it's time to think about spring and summer fishing again (although I see some braved the weather this winter anyways!  :yes:)

Can anyone recommend a dock on Keuka lake, close to the Branchport end? I figured with gas at $4/gal, towing the rig from Rochester every weekend, plus all the hassle associated with it, has got to be just about as much as a slip would cost.

Alternatively, if I could even store the boat at someone's place nearby so that I could tow it only a few miles or so, that'd be great as well. Any options like that out there? 

There are a lot of Amish farmers around and off route 14a. They will not read this board ,but a trip down there will probably help you get a place to store the boat.

Can't believe it's time to think about spring and summer fishing again (although I see some braved the weather this winter anyways!  :yes:)

Can anyone recommend a dock on Keuka lake, close to the Branchport end? I figured with gas at $4/gal, towing the rig from Rochester every weekend, plus all the hassle associated with it, has got to be just about as much as a slip would cost.

Alternatively, if I could even store the boat at someone's place nearby so that I could tow it only a few miles or so, that'd be great as well. Any options like that out there? 

Try this one,  http://northendmarina.com/dockage.htm

John

If that doesn't work I'd check the marina at Branchport.  I know they used to rent slips but may also rent trailer space on land there.

I talked to North End marina; the lady sounded very sweet and did a good job selling the place and the amenities. I just wish it wasn't so expensive; gonna end up being $1000 for the season. I know that's pretty much the going rate but it was only $500 for a slip at the shop at the mouth of Sodus Bay and 30 minutes shorter drive. Argh. Decisions, decisions  :itwasntme:

Edited by genEus

I think it also depends on how frequently you'd have to trailer the boat at current gas prices....I only get about 10 mpg when I trailer my boat....the price here on Canandaigua is at least $1100 or so to keep it on land at a marina and about $2,000 and more for a slip so that doesn't sound out of range but again it also depends on how frequently you'll fish and wear and tear on your vehicle and trailer.... Good luck.

I think it also depends on how frequently you'd have to trailer the boat at current gas prices....I only get about 10 mpg when I trailer my boat....the price here on Canandaigua is at least $1100 or so to keep it on land at a marina and about $2,000 and more for a slip so that doesn't sound out of range but again it also depends on how frequently you'll fish and wear and tear on your vehicle and trailer.... Good luck.

For sure. Also gotta consider the convenience of not having to wait in line at the state launch, having E-free fuel right there at the dock, a fish cleaning station and other amenities, not having to park the boat next to the house, etc. etc. All true. //just talking myself into it.