Seneca 03/26/13

Had great morning on the lake today, the wind held out for most of the day and it wasn’t as cold as our previous trip.  For the first two hours I couldn’t get more than a few rods in, as soon as I would let out the 100 copper another good salmon or brown would rip the line from my hand.  As I was setting the second rigger down to 50 ft we had the first good brown at the back of the boat, that’s when someone asked where’s the net?  Dam it was still in the back of the truck.  Good thing I like to hand line fish because every one of them today had to be and we never did lose one due to no net.  For everyone we put in the cooler we let four go it was one of those days you only get a few of each year.   Salmon and Brown were in the top 40 fow Lakers came from 60 down to 150 and we caught a lot of them.  Flashers and flies off dipsys and riggers took Lakers and the silver fish were loving the DW spoons, and natural colored cranks off 100, 200, 250 blood run, and 4 and 5 color core. 

IMG_0454_zpse7dfc583.jpg

Good going Sean! makes me feel like going outside and ripping the plastic off my boat right now :)

Looks as though this might be a good year on good ole Seneca.

Thanks, Should be a good year, we only had two little lampreys on the fish all day and one good brown had an old eel mark. Lots of good browns this year they look better than the salmon for numbers. We had a load of salmon in the 15 to 17 inch range that were all released. If they make it, next fall and winter should be good. Sean

sean have tried flashers spin doctors and flies for 3 years on seneca ,spin doctors and flies have run then off wire and have yet to get a hit after all this time any advise  for sure ..will be up arond april 7 and 8 th and then for the derby cant seem to get them to work for us ....

cant wait supposed to get out again this weekend wind looks like its gonna push me to watkins.  I hope the browns are around I've never really gotten into them in the fingers just lake O when there near shore.  My wife makes a tuscan grilled brown trout that is delicious I only get it about once a year though. 

sean have tried flashers spin doctors and flies for 3 years on seneca ,spin doctors and flies have run then off wire and have yet to get a hit after all this time any advise  for sure ..will be up arond april 7 and 8 th and then for the derby cant seem to get them to work for us ....

You got a pm!

Thanks guys and have fun .