aluminum boat painting

empty hook

i got a 1995 crestliner sabre i bought last year. i kept in in the lil salmon river all summer and when i pulled it for the year the paint on the bottom was bubbled up and flaking off of it. there was no paint under it so i take it someone redid the paint and didnt know what they were doing. now with the bare metal showing it was getting electrlisis on it . Im looking for a place to get it redone the right way, does anyone know anywhere from the east end of the lake to albany where they might give me direction on where, how and what not on it?

I wonder if someone installed an electrical device using the hull as a ground circuit rather than running negative wires back to the battery. That could cause electrolysis. There are a lot of unpainted aluminum boats sitting in salt water year round without corrosion . You must control the degradation of your sacrificial zinc anode on your outdrive. Paint on an aluminum boat is mainly an appearance enhancer to increase sales and desirability to compete with the chrome and gelcoats of fibreglass boats. Whatever you do, don't paint the underwater portions of your aluminum boat with a copper based antifouling paint. Copper and aluminum react with each other to destruction. There are special underwater paints made for aluminum hulls.