Lake O bay pike.

use the same spread in front of creek mouths for brown trout look for warm water as shallow as your willing out to like 30 feet main lake or large bays with several feeder streams

As Joe and Larry stated, Northern Pike season is closed."C and R" season is for bass only on specified waters... it doesn't work that way with any of the other warm water species, it is illegal to target them

Edited by Ronix 51

RL - Not to gang up on you as these sage advices were given just to help you out and at the same time protect our pike population during these precious spawning times.

Believe me, you are better off targeting for the brown trouts at this time of the year.

I will be happy to help you out with pike fishing when time is right.

I'd second that, browns are a worthy fight right now and pike are right around the corner plus you don't have to go very far from shore, in addition warm water species just arnt as active or fun until their in season. Enjoy the cold water species while they last cause there like flies on s&i£.

I think we had this conversation last year but it was Conesus Lake.  I really don't think you will find willing participants right now anyways.  They are focused on business :heart: & I also don't think you can drag lines where they are at present moment.  Browns sound like a better option this time of year.  Opener should be excellent for Walleye and Pike.  I am Looking forward to it.  I hope the weather cooperates.

Think about it this way....you wouldn't want to be bothered by someone on the phone while you were having fun in bed with the wife or girlfriend..  let ole Mr. and Mrs. Pike have some privacy :lol:

sorry my whole point was its better to fish for browns but the suggested set up was good.  i've converted from pike to trout in the last 3 years and spring browns are my favorite i encourage people to try it