Shake down run Saturday March 30th out of Sodus Point

Got the rig all ready to go and made our maiden voyage this year mid morning on Saturday. Weather was cold, water was colder, and wind was howling a little bit. Set up in front of Maxwell and trolled toward Hughes and back before calling it a day. Trolled West in about 15 - 20 feet of water then trolled back East in about 6 - 12 feet of water. Water was Gin clear and only managed this one nice Brown. When we returned to Port we noticed this nice stained water coming out of Sodus Bay that we completely skipped over on the way out. Wish we would have fished that water. Next time will pay better attention. 

On a good note the Rig ran flawlessly and thanks to a new prop I think runs better than it ever has since I've owned it. Only issue we had was that once again I forgot to bring a net on the maiden voyage :)  

Brownie2013.jpg 

Hopefully have the new boat 1st week of May. Still waiting for "ice out" on the lake to get the survey done. I have a potential buyer for my current boat. Taking him for a test ride/fishing Thursday evening. That money will go into gear for the new rig !!!!

Rick - I did not see you go past. I think you were already gone when we started fishing. I think we launched around 9 am or so. I didn't know you had left and stopped over at Great Lakes to see if you were around when we were done fishing.

Wayne,
We launched at day break and ran to Maxwell as well. We found the same conditions and decided to pick up and run back to the chute. We were greeted with stained water and some fatty browns. We went six for six five browns one bow; Two were 9-10lbs and one was almost 12lbs.

Wayne,

We launched at day break and ran to Maxwell as well. We found the same conditions and decided to pick up and run back to the chute. We were greeted with stained water and some fatty browns. We went six for six five browns one bow; Two were 9-10lbs and one was almost 12lbs.

We heard someone talking on the radio and I assumed they were in front of the chute. Not sure if it was you guys or not. I was a little more interested in shaking down my boat than hard core fishing but we gave it a go.

By the way - Those are some very nice fish. Good job. We would have had a pretty hard time landing a 10 lb fish without a net.

Edited by stoutner

Stf65

The brown in the first pic was on a black and silver yozuri stickbait.

If you have planer boards, put some sticks out with long leads (100-120).

We usually put the riggers back 80-100.

Long flourocarbon leaders (Browns are skittish).

Bright colors if it's muddy/Natural colors if it's clear.

A little hint:  The in-shore browns feed on Gobies so if you can replicate their colors/presentation, you will do well.

-Jason