Decoys

Re, full bodied field goose decoys in last picture - yes I made all of those! They were what was left of almost 60 dozen I made for two properties I leased

on MD's Eastern Shore for about 25 years starting mid 1960's through the peak, when MD's Eastern Shore was considred by many to be the Goose Hunting

Capitol of The World until the collapse of the Atlantic migratory flock and the eventual complete closure of the season on them. I got out of it just prior to

that happening. Also had 50 - 60 dozen floaters at the same time that I made also!  Both properties were large corn / soybean farms with expansive tidal

shorelines adjoining he fields. Also had large freshwater impoundment on each farm. Had all blinds, pit or shoreline set up with complete decoy setup at

each blind, so depending on wind and however many blinds I needed to set up on a given day depending on how many shooters I had those blinds

could be easily set up without massive equipment transport. Sure do miss those days!!!  Matter of fact those pictured and about 20 dozen floaters I had

left were all sold to a young "Outfittter" from The Shore last November.  Me and a couple of close friends who are still on the right side of the sod still

kill quite a few every year though using layout blinds and smaller setups on properties we still have access to - mostly resident geese while the weather

is warmer.  Can't take the cold like I used to!! Figures - two of my passions are about the coldest outdoor sports , fishing for steelhead and waterfowl hunting!

Sorry for the long winded reply, but I needed a break from getting my Great Lakes boat and gear ready for western Lake O mid May - maybe earlier

depends on weather/fishing!

Thanks

• 1 month later...