Seneca Jumbo ....New PB

Lund SSS

Well after many years of hoping to reach the 2lb club, I achieved my goal. This fish was so fat I couldn't believe it at 14 1/4" long and a girth of 12 1/4" . Her weight 2.3 lbs.  B460A938-71E7-4BCA-B8CA-B32DFD473ACD-417

Congrats Steve..Nice slob.........I'm still looking for mine

We must be doing something wrong.  I hear about all these 2lb'ers getting caught all the time in Sodus and I-bay.....LMAO

Edited by daker1979

Congrats Steve..Nice slob.........I'm still looking for mine

We must be doing something wrong.  I hear about all these 2lb'ers getting caught all the time in Sodus and I-bay.....LMAO

Yes I hear the same stories ALL the time but there only 2 bodies of water in western NY that can, and do produce 2 lb.+ perch with regularity. Seneca and Keuka lakes are nothing but incredible for yellow perch. I have to thank C. Sleeman for showing me the little things that REALLY do make a difference when it comes to big fish. No one I know has caught more 15" plus perch than Craig.

Things are just starting to wind up down there so.... if your searching for that trophy perch (ya, it sounds funny) now is the time.

With all due respect to the Sleeman brothers whom are both a class act and have proved themselves year after year to be amongst the cream of the crop of Perch Derby anglers.....Lund SSS....do we really need an acceptance speech...its one two pound perch for cryin out loud.....

Nice fish Steve. I guess I'll be there soon.  In the meantime, IBay might have a two lb perch in it, but the smaller ones are too thick there to find one and I have caught quite a few 14" plus perch in Sodus, but nothing that fat. I did see a 17" perch caught out of my boat in Lake Erie. That fish weighed 1/1/2 lbs. ( August)  Lot's of big perch there, but again, not as fat. 

Hey APB

Way to rain on somebody's parade.

Maybe it doesn't mean much to you, but I know that a 2 lb+ fish was a personal goal that took a couple years to achieve for Steve. He's excited. Shouldn't he be allowed to get excited? Isn't that why we fish?

I never trust anyone who starts out by saying, "with all due respect", because it usually means they're about to get disrespectful.

You know how you were taught in Kindergarden, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all? Well...just saying. Not trying to start a war or anything. Just saying.

Gator

Yes Craig and Ethan are a couple of great guys I'd agree, you on the other hand are rubbing me the wrong way that's for sure. What's your problem ???

Like Gator said it's been a goal for many years and I'm happy to show off my trophy !  How many 2 lb. perch have you caught ? Maybe you could be more of a sportsman and share in others happiness and less of an  A-HOLE .... just saying :mooning:

With all due respect to the Sleeman brothers whom are both a class act and have proved themselves year after year to be amongst the cream of the crop of Perch Derby anglers.....Lund SSS....do we really need an acceptance speech...its one two pound perch for cryin out loud.....

Nice fish. Steve, How many?

My goal is to limit out on nice eaters.  Hoping to accomplish this tomorrow.

APB,  My partner and I got two of these last month and the only reason I didn't post was because I couldn't get a good picture of them in the sun.  We were hootin and howlering like we won the powerball pulling them in. 

Guys down in the northern tier of Pa are starting a panfish derby.  Can't wait to hear the smack talking.  "You call that a blue gill?"  Haha.  Good times...

Awesome job buddy! I know how elusive the 2 lbers are especially at Seneca where they are far warier than any trout.

In regards to the Canandaigua perch, I used to know an old baitman who netted his sawbellies in Seneca. He told me in the 80's that when he had his nets out in Seneca, he used to get some big jacks mixed in and he dumped them in Canandaigua so the ones there might be Seneca strain thus the beauties there also. 2 lbers are rare anywhere though so hats off to you.

Apb is a very good perch guy and is pretty used to getting big perch and I think he was just busting Lund a bit....it is hard sometimes to convey humor properly here in writing just as it is in email and exact wording can make a big difference I'd cut the guy a little slack...

Woops...sorry... didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest.  SK8MAN is right,  I was just bustin a bit...Gator,  you make excellent points!  Two pound Perch are definately something to celebrate!  Good fishing guys.

Glad to hear that it was just "internet snafu"...I know that sometimes it's difficult to distinguish ball-busting from snarkiness on a forum like this. Of course, there's never any ball busting between the guys I fish with  :rofl:

All's well that ends well. Consider the slack cut.

Good luck out there. I know there's a few guys around who don't need it...but I'm not one of them. I'll be trying to fill the freezer tomorrow morning with meat fish. Look for a 17' Lund Mr. Pike with one of the guys wearing an orange Mustang suit. Stop by and say hi if you're out fishing. Just so long as the big motor's off and you're on electric  ;)  Them perch get stage fright in the shallow water.

Thanks for the invite but I probabaly  won't get over to your neck of the woods.   Nose to the grind stone in my comfort zone...(F.Y.I. 18' Crestliner, 115 Yamaha)

Either my Seneca jinx continues or the bright orange suit my partner wears spooked them :rofl:

You know it's a bad day when you return home with almost the same number of minnows you went fishing with. Oh well, I guess that's why it's called "fishing and not catching" :rofl: