Kooter/Oak-Shakedown-3/30

Headed out Saturday to blow the cobwebs outa the old girl with my good buddy Beers and Cousin Jay. We went 2 for 4, didnt fish for to long. Are best setup was F series rapalas on the boards in about 6 ft of water. 90 Ft off the boards and 2.8 mph. No mud line at all near the Oak for the most part but im sure there is now. Towards the end of are shakedown im preety sure of what it was, we had are first ripper of the year. King Salmon on a Flutter spoon 50 back with 3 split shots. CRAZY BABY, Beers grabbed the rod while the Okuma screamd. We had it on for awhile but in the end it spit the hook. So we will be back for him. All in all a good shakedown we had fun boat ran good, we got a soft spot in the floor to fix and i learned its good to have the rigger balls IN THE BOAT NOT THE GARAGE :lol: good to be back on the Big O

post-144255-0-32962600-1365039046_thumb.jpg

Good going.....isn't it something when you forget critical stuff...happens all the time...this year I drove 25 miles all psyched up to ice fish and realized that I had left my Vexilar at home and another time I left my boots and just had my sneakers on when I arrived at the spot....didn't stay out too long that day.... :lol:  

Ya i know it :). I knew we were going to forget something, but couldnt believe it was the balls for the riggers. All i could do was laugh. So the cannon probe wouldnt stay in the water due to no wieght so i ended up putting a master lock on the swivel where the ball should have been and HEY it workd. Just another day on the Haywire. Beers and Cuzn Jay got a kick out of it :lol:. The balls are now in the boat.