cayuga 4/6

First charter of the year went pretty good, going 10/11 with 5 lakers and 5 landlocks, all fish were on the small side. We trolled myers to the south end. Started off deep with riggers at 70; 100; 130 dippys out 300;325;275;225. All fish came on spoons. When we got to the southend we started with the bords and stixbaits out. With no luck so we went back deep for some more fish. Water temp was was cold about38 to 39 . That's from top to about 150 down over 200.lots of marks all over the south end and I think it will be game on when the water temp hits 42 to 44 degrees. Good luck fishing to all . Oh by the way my radio did not work so if you tried to talking to me sorry didn't hear you.

Capt. Aaron

That was us that hung with you guys all the way down and back up to myers. The only chatter I heard on the radio was the cornell police dept. and the command center. For some reason these new radio systems that these depts.have, blow over on our marine radio's. 

Great to read some reports after a long winter!  Nice day yesterday.  I should be out in the AM, really looking forward to it.  Those little lamprey don't sound too good though.

Edited by hermit

Took 3 hits going down, they all shook off, Picked up 3 as soon as we turned down below you, The water temp all the way down there was 36.2, 37.9, as soon as we hit the real dirty water by the sail boat place and made the turn in closer the water temp went up to 39.9, That's when we had the triple. 1 salmon 1 brown 1 huge pike, Made another pass down there and nothing. Lost another one on our way back up to Myers. Did you see that guy do the 360 in front of me?  It was like the wind caught him or something,  Both plannerlines went in his lower unit.  No clue what happened there.  Im shootin to go back out this Sunday the way the weather is looking.  Then I thinks its gonna be a run up to Mexico bay.

68, I could hear both command and the Cornell officers, Also the state troopers, We have the same radio system at work, Got down by Stewart park and really picked them up well, I heard them from the time I put my boat in at Myers and back.