Out board mechanic needed for Johnson 120

Hello, I am in need of a good out board mechanic around the rochester area. I have a 1995 johnson V4 120 that i have been haveing issues with. I have brought it to a mechanic that charged me $ 350 ( took 2 months) and it still has the same problem. I brought the boat back to them again , they said they fixed it but stil has same problem. The issue is that any thing bellow 2500 rpm it sounds real rough, bearly stays running. almost like its missing a cyclinder. Seems perfectly fine while motoring. Can any one recomend a mechanic? Or something to try? Thanks

puglseys have always done me right with Johnsons (hopefully that is not the same mechanic you are speaking of)... of course you always can take it to hank if you want to travel down the 104 a little bit. I am sure everybody else will chime in and tell you how good and honest hank is.

Edited by salmonite

A friend of mine swears by pugsleys and I have ordered numerous parts thru them. Great people.  Almost sounds like it's loading up that could be a spark or fuel issue, and worst case scenario low compression.

Being a 1995 I am willing to bet it has lower compression around the 100-110 range.  Johnson always ran lower compression when compared to other brands. It wasn't uncommon to have good compression around 90psi.