Canandaigua 4/7 blow off

Figured with the winds predicted Cdga would be nasty buttolerable. In all the trips on Seneca and Cdga the 22ft trophy has never been blown off until Sunday. Headed out the north end 2 of us (#3 slept in ;) ) good roll right out of the south east got aggressively worse each 1/4 mile. Made it to the pump house, sheeting waves off the bullpit and could hear them spraying he aluminum on the rod arch every 15 to 20 sec. Never seen Cdga that nasty made the turn and headed home . Dumb to try it but figured German bros would be fishable . Good news is she ran great! Next week Seneca I hope

-Kevin

I know what ya mean.... We put the 235 Sportcraft thru her paces yesrerday on Seneca in that wind but when the waves started swallowing the church boards we called it ya day ..... Have a tourney over on Canandaguia next weekend and cant wait .....

Mike

It was worse than I ever imagined Cdga could get. About 5 to 6 chop but only about 10 ft apart. Coming off one as the next pops you. I will take a lake o 5 ft roll all day compared to that! Good luck next week

Edited by blueghost1

I have fished Seneca almost all my life...more than 50 years.  Even a bigger boat can get into real trouble, especially if you lose power.  Traditional boat handling skills are not very effective in that steep, closely stacked chop.  I have learned to respect Seneca and am quite cautious...be careful...it's not worth it...surface temp is about 40 degrees today.  First trip of the season scheduled for the AM.  I am eager to get out and catch some fish.

Last time I heard the docks werent in yet..... So I plan to launch up north and run back south to a couple of my favorite spots but the weigh in is still in the south end so gonna lose a bit of valuable fishing time but what ya gonna do ....Hope to see ya out there channel 68 on vhf if ya make it out..

Mike

Well, I couldn't take it anymore....looking a that plastic wrap on the boat everyday finally got to me.....as of 10 minutes ago I'm ready to rock and roll....but now is a tough time of the year...I'm torn between going after the trout or perch...the perch won out (at least for the maiden voyage for 2013) as I didn't feel like lugging out the 9.9 :)

post-145411-0-15209700-1365543829_thumb.jpg