91 Sea Nymph No prime at bulb

huntr17

I have a 91 Sea Nymph SS 175 with a built in gas tank-14 gal. I can find no literature telling me if there is a pick up tube below the fitting going in to the tank. The problem I am having is I cannot get fuel flow while pumping the bulb-replaced bulb same issue. Going to replace both fuel lines next but got to thinking maybe there is a pick up tube off? Does anyone know?

The tube is a alum. tube if it is  an Attwood tank it should be all one unit that threads into the tank (the fuel fitting and pick up) all together. I would replace all fuel lines, clamps, and fuel connectors. It sounds like an air leak some where. Just my .02 I have encountered this more than once.

Try turning the motor over a couple of times and re priming.  My 1991 195 fish n ski did the same thing but would almost prime itself after I'd turn the motor over.  It almost seemed like it would vapor lock or something. 

• 3 weeks later...

The tube is a alum. tube if it is  an Attwood tank it should be all one unit that threads into the tank (the fuel fitting and pick up) all together. I would replace all fuel lines, clamps, and fuel connectors. It sounds like an air leak some where. Just my .02 I have encountered this more than once.

I have a similiar issue with my 1993 alumacraft 90 HP Yamaha.  It' s a bear to start after it sits a few days (fairly certain no fuel).  Tonight I used starting fluid and once it got going it ran fine.   The bulb never really gets hard as well.

Is the suggestion to replace all the rubber lines to the tank + bulb, or should I change anything in the tank itself?

Thanks, Chris