2013 Sodus Bay Healing Waters Salmon Slam - August 3rd

Ok 4 more spots left for the Salmon Slam.  A couple of maybes out there but first come first serve.

Xylem, ITO Flies, and Shark Cannonballs have joined our sponsor list this year!

The prizes packages for this year are really looking good.  I've been working with the Project Healing Waters rep as well to start getting the veterans/servicemen lined up.

We had a few veterans from Erie last year that left before midnight to make it up in time.  I'm thinking of putting them up in a hotel the night before, would anyone be interested in having a get together the night before, to meet some of our vets as well as eachother?

Nick

hey nick sorry im just getting back to you, things here have been a little nuts. I just got off the phone with josh and he should be contacting u anytime now. Im in for the get together.  and would be more than willing to help make a donation for there room. 

also everyone don't forget about salmon slam on face book :yes:  heres the link   https://www.facebook.com/SodusBayHealingWaters

(I hope I did this right) 

cant wait to see every one again this year good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Big Fish Friday - Salmon Slam - August 2nd

We are going to have a Big Fish Friday prior to the Salmon Slam. You do not need to participate in the Salmon Slam to participate in the Big Fish Friday, anyone is welcomed to join. You can fish from any port you would like as long as you bring your fish to Arney's Marina by 5PM for weigh in.

The cost will be $50 per boat, as many people and rods per boat as you'd like (within legal and safe limits of course). You may weigh in a single fish (salmon or trout) that was caught any time after 5AM Friday (must be in line at weigh in by 5PM).

Half of the money collected will go to supporting our wounded and disabled Veterans and Servicemen, the other half will be awarded to the biggest fish. Similar to a 50/50 raffle, but a lot more fun :yes:

It should be a great excuse to take a Friday off, or maybe even half a day! Have fun fishing, support our Veterans, and maybe win some money... doesn't get much better!

$50 payments will be due by 5PM July 31st. Payments can be made by Paypal by sending $50 to [email protected] or can be sent by a check made out to:

Nicholas Allers

ATTN: BFF

277 Buckhead Ln

Douglassville, PA

Please make sure to include your team name on the payment.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know!

Nick

I will be getting t-shirts made up for those that would like them again. They will be the same design as last year on a gray shirt this time. Price will remain the same, $10 per shirt. If you'd like any, just PM me how many and the sizes. I need to get the order by July 22. Thanks...

-Joe

Joe thanks for taking care of this!  Put me down for 4 of the t-shirts, one small and one large for Theresa and I, and another large and one x-large for the veterans that will be on our boat.  (1 small, 2 large, 1 x-large).

Also, for those wondering what the tshirts will look like, they will be grey with the logo in my avatar on the back (Joe please correct me if I'm wrong :) )

Nick

No problem Nick, they seemed to go over good last year.

They will look just like Nick described them, his avatar on the back of a gray t-shirt. The tag on one of last years shirts says it is 100% pre-shrunk cotton - but like everything else, I think mine from last year shrunk a little (my wife has a different opinion :lol: )

First off let me introduce myself.....  I'm Skip Hughes Project lead for PHWFF Erie

I just wanted to thank all involved for helping out a great Cause and I think I will be taking the trip North with the guys from Erie and I am looking forward to a great time...

OH Yea  Save me an XXL T-Shirt please   :)

First off let me introduce myself.....  I'm Skip Hughes Project lead for PHWFF Erie

I just wanted to thank all involved for helping out a great Cause and I think I will be taking the trip North with the guys from Erie and I am looking forward to a great time...

OH Yea  Save me an XXL T-Shirt please   :)

Hi Skip!  We look forward to having you this year!

Nick

I will be attending the Slam, an would like three XL shirts.  I hope to be up at Sodus Thursday or Friday, fishing with Ruff Ryder, and cooking for the bar b que following the fishing.  Thanx  Sammygee

last call for t-shirts, order will be going in this week. Here's a list of what I have so far, let me know if I missed anyone or of any corrections:

Bob's Boy - (1) XL; (2) L; (1) S

Dipsy Ranger - (2) XL; (2) L

Skip Hughes - (1) 2XL

reelintense - (2) L

Mudflat - (2) XL

'bout time - (2) XL; (2) L

Why Knot - (1) 3XL; (1) 2XL; (1) XL

Half Wired - (1) 3XL; (2) L

Reel Outlaw - (1) L; (1) M; (1) S

Sammygee - (3) XL

1fish2fish - (1) 2XL; (1) M

blazinJoe - (1) 2XL; (1) L

Dandy Eyes - (1) XL

****T-shirt orders have gone in 7/25, I will have a few extras on hand at the event for the Coast Guard crew and for anyone else that may want one****

Less than 2 weeks.... can't wait :)

Edited by SoSaarie