NY Muskies Chapter 69 Chautauqua Musky Tourney Oct 12th

The NY M.I. Chapter 69 Chautauqua Tourney "Open To Public" will be Oct 12th,2013.The Tourney will be $40 per Fishermen.(Full Field 100 Fishermen,Notice: Tourney Field will be allowed to go behond 100,but prize structure will stay as set at 100),***NEW PAYOUT STRUCTURE:***1st Place $800,2nd Place $500,3rd Place $400,4th Place $300,5th Place $200,and Most Muskies Caught By One Entrant $300(Muskies Inc Point System will used for most muskies caught if there is a tie),with the remaining $1500(and Entry Fees Behond 100) going to the Bait Fish Fund!This will be based on the 5 Longest Muskies caught & released,each fishermen can only enter 1 fish,size must be exact,their Longest!Then those longest muskies caught can be added with other muskies caught by any One Contestant to Win Most Muskies Caught Prize! or maybe someone with the most muskies caught might not even make in the top five fish with any of their fish,but still have the Most Muskies Caught to Win! Photo must be taken with pin on Tourney Button visable in picture for Entry to count toward prizes.Tourney Button will be mailed to you 10 days before the Tourney along with Release Form or can be picked up from 6:00 am to 9:00 am on June 12th at Mayville Launch.Witness of your release form can be by anyone else in the Tourney.Picture of musky with Tourney Button for prizes can be show from your cell phone or camera to me when you turn in your Release Form.Release Forms must be turned in by 6:00 pm to count for the Prizes,bring them to Mayville Lakeside Park.Tourney fishing hours at Midnight Friday Oct 11th to 5:00 pm Oct 12th.There will be hamburger's & french fries starting at 5:00 pm.We will have a Lure Raffle Table.We will use Mayville Lakeside Park for the Awards Presentation,we will use the green shelter.You may launch from anywhere on the lake,other launches are Long Point State Park,Prendergast,Bemus Point & Celeron!

Donations to the Chautauqua Bait Fish Fund are much appreciated as well!

*****We are now excepting Signups for the Tourney,make checks out to NY Muskies 69 and mail to Capt. Larry D. Jones,268 Harrison Ave,Buffalo,NY 14223.*****

You may also submit payment online via PayPal by clicking on the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LWKY2DD38ZEXE

Notice: We are now a Muskies Inc. Chapter and Muskies Inc. Rules 30" and up muskies count toward contests,so all Biggest Fish Prize fish start at 30" and up,(1st Place Prize--Biggest Muskie Caught & Released),(2nd Place Prize--2nd Biggest Muskie Caught & Released),(3rd Place Prize--3rd Biggest Muskie Caught & Released),(4th Place Prize--4th Biggest Muskie Caught & Released),(5th Place Prize--5th Biggest Muskie Caught & Released). ***Only Your (1) One Biggest Muskie Can Be Entered and You Can Only Win (1) One Place in 1st thru 5th Places***

(Most Muskies Caught Prize will include 30" muskies and up)!{{{{If any prize position is left open because there was not a muskie 30" or over to qualify to win the prize that prize money will go to the Bait Fish Fund.}}}}

**(Point System Below Is For "Most Muskies Caught Only Prize" If There Is A Tie In The Number Of Muskies Caught)** LENGTH POINTS LENGTH POINTS LENGTH POINTS

30" - 4 40" - 14 50" - 24

31" - 5 41" - 15 51" - 25

32" - 6 42" - 16 52"- 26

33" - 7 43" - 17 53"- 27

34" - 8 44" - 18 54"- 28

35" - 9 45" - 19 55"- 29

36" -10 46" - 20 56"- 30

37" -11 47" - 21 57"- 31

38" -12 48" - 22 58"- 32

39" -13 49" - 23 59"- 33

All Fish Lengths round down to the nearest inch,a tie will go to time caught,earliest caught muskie wins in a tie!

Edited by mostlymuskies

Just "shared" this on facebook trying to drum up some more interest. Thanks Larry, I look forward to fishing it and I am calling it a late bday present to myself. Going through my 1/8oz Johnson Bettle Spins, sharpening hooks and adding double 10's to them- getting ready, better watch out boys! Will also try to throw down for the raffle table like normal.

Edited by zach

Early Signup Prizes: Signup for the Tourney by May 1st and go into a Drawing for a chance to Win (1)one of (2)two Beckman Magnum Fin Saver Nets with 6' Handles.Be One of Two Lucky Winners! Signup Now!

Edited by mostlymuskies

• 3 weeks later...

The Beckman Magnum Fin Saver Net Winners for the Tourney Early Signup Drawing are Chad Lapa & Eric Larson.Congrads guys, I will get your nets to you before the NY Muskie Season starts.Many thanks to the 24 fishermen that signed up for the Tourney early!

WOWOW!!  How cool!!  Thanks again Larry - can't wait for the season to begin now to put that net to good use :yes::clap:  I'll pick it up at the next NY Musky Inc meeting.

Mike, Thanks for getting your friends to fish the Tourney.Because we got a late start getting all the loose ends tied up for this years Tourney, we are way behind on signup's so far, only 25 fishermen as of today.We got some work to do to get the full field of 100.

Capt Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Please consider joining us for the June 29th Tourney this is our main fund raiser to raise funds to purchase fathead minnows for feeding the purebred muskies at Prendergast Hatchery for longer growth rates before stocking into NY State waters.

Mike,

I'm in the Three Rivers Chapter. You can send some info to me and I can get it to our board members. Ohio wise, Muskie Guy has a very active message board. Larry usually posts there about the tourney. I think that everybody that would fish it is familiar with the tourney though. It's been going on long enough for most people to know. The trouble for me personally is the date. That is a popular time for LSC.

Adam Andresky

I have not hit the panic button yet,but we are about 30 days away from the NY Muskies 69 Chautauqua Tourney on June 29th and signup has been slow so far,please signup soon! PLEASE READ:***(I'm going to be doing fishing charters from the 15th of June thru June 28th,so any entries after June 13th will have to pickup their Tourney Button & Release Form at Mayville Lakeside Park Launch from 5 am to 7 am June 29th,so enter before June 13th if you want to get mailed the Tourney Packet and be able to start fishing at Midnight friday.

Thanks, Capt. Larry

Muskie chasers-- looking for a partner for the Chatauqua tourney June 29-my normal partner backed out-would prefer someone with some experience as I am a "Novice"

but will consider anyone who responds-have a boat or will join you in yours

Capt. Larry- was late getting back to chris(you introduced me at last muskie inc Chap 69 mtg) he joined someone else-Have you heard of anyone else looking to partner up??

The NY M.I. Chapter 69 Chautauqua Tourney "Open To Public" will be June 29th,2013.The Tourney will be $40 per Fishermen.(Full Field 100 Fishermen,Notice: Tourney Field will be allowed to go behond 100,but prize structure will stay as set at 100),***NEW PAYOUT STRUCTURE:***1st Place $800,2nd Place $500,3rd Place $400,4th Place $300,5th Place $200,and Most Muskies Caught By One Entrant $300(Muskies Inc Point System will used for most muskies caught if there is a tie),with the remaining $1500(and Entry Fees Behond 100) going to the Bait Fish Fund!This will be based on the 5 Longest Muskies caught & released,each fishermen can only enter 1 fish,size must be exact,their Longest!Then those longest muskies caught can be added with other muskies caught by any One Contestant to Win Most Muskies Caught Prize! or maybe someone with the most muskies caught might not even make in the top five fish with any of their fish,but still have the Most Muskies Caught to Win! Photo must be taken with pin on Tourney Button visable in picture for Entry to count toward prizes.Tourney Button will be mailed to you 10 days before the Tourney along with Release Form or can be picked up from 6:00 am to 9:00 am on June 29th at Mayville Launch.Witness of your release form can be by anyone else in the Tourney.Picture of musky with Tourney Button for prizes can be show from your cell phone or camera to me when you turn in your Release Form.Release Forms must be turned in by 6:00 pm to count for the Prizes,bring them to Mayville Lakeside Park.Tourney fishing hours at Midnight Friday June 28th to 5:00 pm June 29th.There will be hotdog's,hamburger's & french fries starting at 5:00 pm.We will have a 50/50 Raffle & Lure Raffle Table.We will use Mayville Lakeside Park for the Awards Presentation,we will use the green shelter.You may launch from anywhere on the lake,other launches are Long Point State Park,Prendergast,Bemus Point & Celeron!

Donations to the Chautauqua Bait Fish Fund are much appreciated as well!

*****We are now excepting Signups for the Tourney,make checks out to NY Muskies 69 and mail to Capt. Larry D. Jones,268 Harrison Ave,Buffalo,NY 14223.*****

You may also submit payment online via PayPal by clicking on the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LWKY2DD38ZEXE

Notice: We are now a Muskies Inc. Chapter and Muskies Inc. Rules 30" and up muskies count toward contests,so all Biggest Fish Prize fish start at 30" and up,(1st Place Prize--Biggest Muskie Caught & Released),(2nd Place Prize--2nd Biggest Muskie Caught & Released),(3rd Place Prize--3rd Biggest Muskie Caught & Released),(4th Place Prize--4th Biggest Muskie Caught & Released),(5th Place Prize--5th Biggest Muskie Caught & Released). ***Only Your (1) One Biggest Muskie Can Be Entered and You Can Only Win (1) One Place in 1st thru 5th Places***

(Most Muskies Caught Prize will include 30" muskies and up)!{{{{If any prize position is left open because there was not a muskie 30" or over to qualify to win the prize that prize money will go to the Bait Fish Fund.}}}}

**(Point System Below Is For "Most Muskies Caught Only Prize" If There Is A Tie In The Number Of Muskies Caught)**                                                                                                                                                      LENGTH POINTS LENGTH POINTS LENGTH POINTS

30" - 4    40" - 14    50" - 24

31" - 5    41" - 15    51" - 25

32" - 6    42" - 16    52"- 26

33" - 7    43" - 17    53"- 27

34" - 8    44" - 18    54"- 28

35" - 9    45" - 19    55"- 29

36" -10   46" - 20    56"- 30

37" -11   47" - 21    57"- 31

38" -12   48" - 22    58"- 32

39" -13   49" - 23    59"- 33

All Fish Lengths round down to the nearest inch,a tie will go to time caught,earliest caught muskie wins in a tie!

Capt larry- was late getting back to chris and still need a partner-have you heard of anyone else looking?

I have a post at the end of this thread too

billsbest

Hey Guys,

Just to let those fishing in our Chautauqua Lake Tournament on June 29 th. know. There is a major bass Tournament out of Long Point State Park Marina on the 29 th. & 30 th. They will be pre fishing Friday with about 90 boats and 200 + people, so you will probably want to find alternate launches. Bemus, Prendergast, Mayville and those fishing South Basin, the Celeron launch is also open.