NY Muskies Chapter 69 Chautauqua Musky Tourney Oct 12th

Starting to get a couple baits ready for the tourney- getting excited. Larry- ever see a lip like this before? lol. Stole the design from those Hi-Fins.. Anyone else getting excited other than me?

post-144465-0-08215800-1370280010_thumb.jpg

Edited by zach

Please signup for the Tourney by June 13th if you plan to join us,I'm  going to be on the water every day from June 15th thru till the date of the Tourney,so it would be just so much easier to take care of the paper work associated with Tourney Signup in the next week then to have a whole bunch of last minute signups

Thanks, Capt. Larry.

Only 6 days left to signup in time to get the Tourney Button & Release Form mailed to you.Entries after June 13th will have to come to Mayville Lakeside Park Launch on June 29th between 5 am and 9 am to get your Tourney Button & Release Form.You also will not be able to start fishing until you have the Tourney Button , so if you want to start fishing between midnight and 5 am get your entry fee in by June 13th.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Billsbest your in, you paid your entry fee at the last NY Muskies Meeting

Your partner Mark has not entered yet, he needs to enter by June 13th or your team will not be able to start fishing until he picks up his Tourney Button between 5 am to 9 am June 29th.Last entry date to get Tourney Button & Release Button mailed is June 13th,no exceptions!

• 3 weeks later...

4 of us started around 6 am. Cast until one with one follow to show for it. Got really wet. Then we came upon a dead one.post-142867-13725545101517_thumb.jpg40"er. Real beat up,2 quarter size holes in her mouth. Did not appear to be feeding well. I was going to take it to the hatchery for an autopsy or whatever. 5 minutes later we come upon this:post-142867-13725549064469_thumb.jpg heavy 40"fish without a mark on it. Missing a fin but fully healed there. Not quite dead yet. Tried to get her going for half an hour,no go. Blessed them and buried them at sea.post-142867-13725551755623_thumb.jpg wish I had not taken this pic. Makes me sick to my stomach. Had to bail after that.

1st Place--Joe Hetzendorfer 45" $624

2nd Place--Ken Szymanski 43" $390

3rd Place--Jeff Anderson 41" $312

4th Place--Tom Demarco 41"

$234

5th Place--John Zentz 40"

$156

Most Muskies Caught--Jeff Anderson 41" & 30" $234

13 Muskies Caught Total, Very Slow Day!

Larry - nice job running the tournament this year.  I thought we had a good turn out despite the tough weather and fishing conditions.  Nice to raise so much money for the bait fish fund.  Our team lost one and had a couple more follows, ended the day with no fish but had a great time.  Most my other buddies in the tourney ended with one or none as well.  Congrats to the guys who were able to turn a fish or two! 

Looking forward to the fall tournament.  Any thoughts of having a youth/kids (16 and under) division in future events? 

Chad, I could eliminate the Most Muskies Prize and have a Youth Largest & Smallest Places.If they did not place in the 1st through 5th Place, then they qualify for the Youth Prizes! Everyone comment if they want this change.