NY Muskies Chapter 69 Chautauqua Musky Tourney Oct 12th

Larry I was thinking prizes (not cash) for youth division. I remember growing up as a kid fishing in lots of youth tournaments and they always simply did fun prizes like rods, lures, accessories and free memberships (like a free Muskies Inc chapter 69 youth membership for 1-year and a couple lures, maybe fun trophy as well). No need to sacrifice most fish prize to fund youth prize. Do both no problem.

I dont know what to tell ya Old Man- I know you release all your fish but I have had em die on me also, if ya did everything you could dont feel too bad- its gonna happen sometimes but your efforts to help out the future of muskies in NY cant be argued and the future is still as bright as ever. Your a great supporter of our groups goals and its a pleasure to know ya even if that fish didnt feel the same way about ya, lol. I couldn't take a knife to mine either that died a couple years ago so that pic even though it sux to look at with 2 floaters, thats real life and it happens more than any of us would want, that 40" was a nice and pretty fish IMO. Chad- prizes sounds awesome for the kids and I would be happy to donate a blank or two to let em paint (every kid loves to paint), I think a kid would have fun with that. Good time had by Brad and I, we didnt win at the fishing game but had some good laughs and too much sun. My fishing partner drank almost a 12 pack of that Arnold Palmer Lemonade on Saturday b/c it was hot and had to pee 20x, had me cracking up all day. In this pic I posted, you can see Toothy and Sol in the background checking us out when we scored.  Had a blast camping with Sol, Toothy and Brad. Even though it felt like a dirty hippy fest at times, I managed to make it through somehow. This was our tourney fish, only 13 caught outta 78 fisherman so I didn't feel too bad.  Wishing everyone a great day and of course- best wishes on your next trip if your lucky enough to get out.

post-144465-0-85712600-1372761538_thumb.jpg

Edited by zach

Chad, We could have a nice wood plack award for Youth Biggest Muskie & Smallest Muskie caught and One Year Muskies Inc Membership.Along with Cash Awards for Adults we could add Awards Placks for each Place.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I know my boy is super happy with the little awards, medals, small trophies he's got through baseball, basketball, and fishing through the 3 Rivers MI chapter awards. One bedroom wall is covered with his things he's got over the years.

Money as a prize is spent and gone. A cheap trophy would be better since they really don't know the value of the trophy or money in general for that matter. Wouldn't cost the club much either.

Having their name called and all the clapping and congrats from everyone is awesome for a little guy or girl.

I know if there was a division for a youngster it would make it easier to convince a kid to sign up and go..........get away from the X-Box and Computer for the day!!!!!

Was looking for this girl on the tourney- this girl Carol I know got this one the week b4 the tourney on a 7.5" foil I made for her, she got it off Long Point trolling.

post-144465-0-69001100-1372962711_thumb.jpg

Edited by zach

Everyone from NY Chapter 69 needs to signup for the October 12th Tourney now so we can show interest to get others to signup as well.We need to get a full field of 100 this time! Chad can you change the date on the Flyer and add "Open To Public" somewhere highly visable and send it my way.

Thanks, Capt Larry

• 1 month later...

Winners of the Beckman Magnum Finsaver Nets from Tourney Early Signup are Joe Dolan & Mike Breen.The Nets will be given to you at the Tourney Awards Presentation on Oct 12th. Thank you to all who signed up early for the Tourney.