Short 1 and 2 color leadcore with loop to loop connections?

hi, id like to try some 1 and 2 color leadcore setups on my planer board rods for spring browns. i thought about putting loops on each end of leadcore by stripping back some lead and making a perfection loop and looping that to the mono on planer board rods. can easly change them out with the loops.  thought it would be a good way to keep a spoon down off a board or make a shallow stick go deeper. think this would work? any tips/suggestions? thanks, mark

Sounds like alot of work. Adding splitshot is the easy answer and would help simplify things. I do have a pair of dedicated 3 color cores on board though.

Ditto on that..,.. I was thinking the same thing....no sense making work for yourself....sometimes we can "over think" things and make them more complicated than they need to be....I'm as guilty as anyone of it :)

I have a three color and a 6 color like above BUT , I do see where your idea could work well if the loops would wind back on the reel with out any issues......if room was a issue for me I could see trying your idea but I can store 10 rigged rods easly now.....

I think its a great idea.  You cant compare putting a splitshot on to running leadcore.  The action must have alot to do with it since some days the one or two leadcores outfish the riggers and dipseys.  I run a 2 and 3 color especially after the morning shoreline bite dies and the bait is in the 15-30ft area.  I think it imparts a different action that sometimes the fish cant resist

Guess I missed something here....I was suggesting adding split shot to the LEAD CORE leader to get it down deeper at the point where the leader starts not like on a top line . I have  pre setups for my lead cores (2 color 3 color 7 color and 9 color) on separate rods (part of the reason my boat is called White Porqupine....all the rods sticking up) not to mention wire rigs, copper, thermocline, and downrigger rods and 22 rod holders :)

Edited by Sk8man

thanks for the replies... made a couple last night. very simple to make. gonna rig one with a spoon and one with a streamer fly. best, mark