Seneca Choices for Sunday?

I am planning on heading out Sunday I typically fish the North end of Seneca however I started fishing out of Severne this spring and am enjoying it. I have been reading all of the these great stories about nice browns and LL from everyone fishing out of Watkins. So my question is what are some tips for the south end? I have riggers, dipseys, and planners. Any info is greatly appreciated. 

I fish the South end a lot, and often decide to run up North a ways toward Severne to find the fish.  They move around a lot and sometimes I just keep going North until I hit some fish.  It makes sense to work an area where you find some fish.  I was on the South end this week and did not do much until I got 6-8 miles North of Watkins.  It is a lot of water to fish on Seneca, but generally my experience is to keep moving until you find them, then stay with that area.  If anybody knew how and where the fish move from one place to another, they would be famous.  There are a lot of theories, and for sure some guys figure out some basic patterns of where the fish might be on any given day, but mostly guesswork I think.  I usually catch some fish if I cover the 12 miles North of Watkins, both sides.  It is probably just like that on the other end of the lake, or in the middle near Sampson.  Just my opinion.

Just a general strategy in addition to what AC said: If you are starting out from Severne (depending on wind direction.. big time ) head south along the west side go in and out depth wise past the salt plant turn east and cruise past the pier etc. and then go north along the east shore in and out looking for fish and/or bait. Wherever you find either work it thoroughly in that area until not productive then go back north along the east shore in and out work the area adjacent and in front of creeks , work the drop off in front of Hector Falls and head back toward Severne on the east side. That would be what I'd try in the absence of actual current data regarding depths etc. other folks have been getting them at. If the wind is strong out of the South I'd either drive the extra miles and launch at Watkins and maybe do the reverse direction of what I mentioned or reconsider about going south and fish the area toward Dresden over to Lodi and Sampson to the north. Again wind direction/speed will dictate to a large extent what will work for you. In terms of tackle I'd play with the ones you mentioned and pay close attention to the depth finder as far as bait and fish locations depth wise especially and adjust your tackle accordingly (this time of the year the fish are usually scattered though but the bait may be clumped up). I'd run a combination of sticks and spoons until I see what is working.Given all the rain lately you may want to look for any mud lines at creek mouths and fish through it at the edges. The edge could be quite a bit off shore too with all the rain. Good luck!

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks for the tips guys! We left out of Watkins right around 6am on Sunday, set up just outside of the break wall  Trolled over toward the salt plant started hitting them pretty good about 40-60' down over 100-130. Picked up some decent browns on that side when all of a sudden the dipsey rod started peeling line like crazy. My buddy grabs it and immediately says its a nice fish, got it to the boat and it was a solid 7lb laker. Fished for about another hour on the west side not catching anything else so we moved to the east side and trolled back and forth from the falls south a little ways picking up some nice landlocks and another decent laker. Rapalas and Finger Lakes Tackle took everything.