Monster Browns in Lake Ontario

I saw the picture the other day of the 25 LB brown caught and was curious to know how that Lake O beauty stacks up against fish taken in years past. Does anyone have a wall hanger above the fireplace or safely released a Brown over 25 lbs?

Do you think our fishery has what it takes to rival this New Zealand beast? Looks like this fish was cheating.. eating pellets washed down from a Salmon farm. Smart fish....

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excursions/post/enormous-new-zealand-brown-trout-possibly-a-world-record/

Considering the current world record is from Lake Michigan back in 2010 I think our waters have just a good a chance as any to produce a world record Brown.

asl

2 just shy of that one, both caught by clients and on their walls. One of them was caught very close to where that recent one was, and in April as well.

Lake O definitely has the potential to break any record, and has produced several in the low 30's. I saw one caught next to me in the lower Niagara by one of Frankie Campbells clients that went 29lbs.

These days the replicas are so good I would encourage a near record to go back after a pic.

2 just shy of that one, both caught by clients and on their walls. One of them was caught very close to where that recent one was, and in April as well.

Lake O definitely has the potential to break any record, and has produced several in the low 30's. I saw one caught next to me in the lower Niagara by one of Frankie Campbells clients that went 29lbs.

These days the replicas are so good I would encourage a near record to go back after a pic.

You and me both.  I just caught a 10lbs. largemouth bass in FL and I released it to live another day I will probably get a replica made or just fish for another hopefully bigger.  I would rather see the trophies stay alive and keep up the breeding with good genetics.