Finally got out on the big lake after a long winter. The weather last week was extremely brutal. Lots of rain, Big waves, and high winds. The Genny was flowing as swift as Ive ever seen and monster logs were flowing everywhere. The construction job in the middle of the river was fun to drive by as well.

We ran from the Genny, and got away from the chocolate milk water. Found some decent color and dropped the rigs....First hit was on the slide diver pulling a Finger Lakes Tackle Bob Barker. Absolute crushing hit which resulted in a nice teens King. Now that's a start. We proceeded to work the inside waters . Picked up several browns and lakers. Grabbed another nice King off a top line (green Glow Thunderstick) ....bright colored sticks were good ( Smithwicks, Bombers, and Thundersticks). FLT spoons off the Slide divers were very good. I tried running shallow riggers, but they never took a hit.

The weather was about as brutal as I've ever fished in.....Extreme high wind gusts and waves stacked up on each other... Despite the weather, we had a great first day to the 2013 season. Rochester , "the sleeper port" , never ceases to amaze me.Tight lines guys......

post-139783-0-39782100-1365979286_thumb.jpgpost-139783-0-94102000-1365979355_thumb.jpgpost-139783-0-91741600-1365979320_thumb.jpg

post-139783-0-11710400-1365979610_thumb.jpg

Nice job man! We went out this morning and it suckd! Only took one fish off the rigger and that was it. Supper dirty water everywhere couldnt even fine anything even close to decent on the inside. Wish i could get one of those Kings to take me for a ride.

That was a great virgin splash. I hear the river is rippin with gators everywhere. I hope to be tagging a few fins this weekend. I cant lift anything over 5lbs so they say, so i will have a net boy. Good job frenchy, keep the sharks rolling, someone has to show us how to do it. Bob fuller spoons already gettin chewed, you are killing me. I am glad to see his tackle take off like it has. See you at the dock