Boat recommendation?

danno

I need a hybrid.  Something that's well suited for family fun, tubing, skiing, smallish lake fishing and LO salmon fishing.  Not to hard a question, is it;)  Right now, I do it out of a 1998 17' Sunbird 88 hp outboard and it really has served it's purpose well.  I'm looking for something in the 18-21' range, would probably prefer staying with the outboard and I like fiberglass. For the fun and sun with the family, I really like the deck boat layout, but the low bow probably wouldn't work for LO.  I'm still a few years out from 2 boats, so gotta find something that will do both.

Danno,

Understand the dilemma have 2 kids age 7 and 10 that love to tube etc. Have an Aluminum 18' Lund Fisherman. It has all the features of a bow rider type pleasure boat and it still a fishing machine. Be sure you put some HP on the Transom for skiing and tubing you will need it. A Four stroke motor will keep it affordable too. I have a 2 stroke 115 and it does the job, but a bit under powered and really drinks the gas/oil when you run it hard.

Rigged mine with Tracking system so rodholders etc can be removed easily. Lund makes a fiberglass too. I fish Hard with the boys, and play hard with my kids too.

Hope this helps

Brett

post-150713-0-19548600-1365995431_thumb.jpg

Edited by brettsplace

Check out the bay liner cierra express hardtop 2452 I have listed in the classifieds. Tons of room and amenities in the cabin, yet all rigged up for salmon fishing in the back. My wife lays on top of the cabin to get some sun while we fish. I removed the board in the pic and have just two riggers on the corners.

0407121722a.jpg

I need a hybrid.  Something that's well suited for family fun, tubing, skiing, smallish lake fishing and LO salmon fishing.  Not to hard a question, is it;)  Right now, I do it out of a 1998 17' Sunbird 88 hp outboard and it really has served it's purpose well.  I'm looking for something in the 18-21' range, would probably prefer staying with the outboard and I like fiberglass. For the fun and sun with the family, I really like the deck boat layout, but the low bow probably wouldn't work for LO.  I'm still a few years out from 2 boats, so gotta find something that will do both.

danno;

What price range are looking to stay within?

That sounds like a 19 to 21 foot open bow with a powerful outboard and some canvas to close the bow and create a cuddy like steering house. don't forget an easily removable kicker.

You should look into some Grady White rigs.

That sounds like a 19 to 21 foot open bow with a powerful outboard and some canvas to close the bow and create a cuddy like steering house. don't forget an easily removable kicker.

You should look into some Grady White rigs.

Kinda like this..??

IMG_4799600x450_zps222bcce3.jpg

Edited by Willy-C

I have a 1992 trophy with new canvas, riggers, rod holders and fish finder and fish hawk in 2012 season that I'm thinking about selling if your interested. Had transom Redone in 2012. Has bracket on back for kicker also. It has a 150 eve rude on the back that pushes it at 30-32mph and run like a top. Boat is rock solid and very clean. Looking for $10,000 all set up or would sell it stripped for a different price. Will be in slip in two weeks so sea trials will be available soon

I was recently making the same type of move that you describe.  I wound up going with a Trophy Model 2002 (http://www.boattest.com/boats/Boat_video.aspx?ID=575) because my wife wanted to try a cuddy cabin for an occasional overnight, but I also carefully considered a Proline 20DC (http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2001-Pro-Line-20dc-101839798) because it seemed to have a great combination of features.

I hope this helps.