The new ride......

Well I sold the 19 foot grady, after I determined that I could get even more days of fishing in if...

A) had a bigger boat

B) had autopilot so I could rig and "steer" at the same time

C) had a hardtop to stay warm and dry on 'those' days....

So here is the new 'used' 1995 Penn Yan 225 Outrage I finally took delivery on this weekend.  I am so excited.  No more manual downriggers :rofl:  ..... has a new Lowrance HDS7 and a fish hawk, which i sorely needed, the autopilot, outriggers, planer reels, and most of all a porta-a-potty for my daughter.  And I suspect it will handle a little more wave action than my grady did and that was actually a decent boat for its size! 

Now to start really fishing! Hello warmer weather!!!!

:)

Jay

post-149426-0-96430600-1365997930_thumb.jpg

post-149426-0-75053500-1365997959_thumb.jpeg

Thanks guys.....I have been working on it all weekend and afterwork yesterday.  Normal cleaning and organizing it "my way"...etc.  Hopefully can get out later this week for the shakedown cruise and getting to know the boat, before the LOC starts! :)

Apple Boy.....the one you got last year was one I had kind of looked at as well.  Took me a good portion of the winter to find exactly what I wanted, but i did and cant wait.  Boat gets splashdown Friday morning, for a couple of hrs of near shore brown action.  Hoping the south winds are okay to allow that! :)

Yeah i am very excited for this season! Been working on the boat all winter and cant wait for another great year! Good luck tomorrow, looks like its going to be nasty. Apple boy will get splashed next week some time  :) 

You and I have identical boats. Found my 1997 outrage 225 in sandusky last fall. Shes never had riggers on 

her.Was used for walleye trolling with inline boards only.Been trying to get it rigged for L.Ontario last few weeks.Weather has been a awfull for working in the driveway.Every chance I get to work on it it rains. Anyhow good luck with your new boat!

You and I have identical boats. Found my 1997 outrage 225 in sandusky last fall. Shes never had riggers on 

her.Was used for walleye trolling with inline boards only.Been trying to get it rigged for L.Ontario last few weeks.Weather has been a awfull for working in the driveway.Every chance I get to work on it it rains. Anyhow good luck with your new boat!

Awesome Mike....take your time, I am not sure when Spring or Summer will get here! :lol:   I got out yesterday for a couple of hrs, and was so happy to have a bigger boat and a hard-top!  Good Luck and have fun!!!

Reelintence, That's a sweet looking ride, and don't rush things together, I bought a 1983 22ft Sea Ray cuddy that I have been working on for 3 years now, this year I will be ready for Lake O'. I had other boats in the 18ft range, but going to a 22fter is a whole new ball game, from 4cyl to 350  Mercruiser (complete rebuild,30 over bore job) did all the work myself, I think it's a lot of boat, 96 inch beam, and a lot of boat in front of the helm makes for a lot of time on a lake at home getting used to the boat, loading and learning to handle the new to me vessel, before I bring it up to the big O. Nothing irritates me more than waiting for someone else to load their boat, taking 20 minutes to get it on the trailer, so I don't want to be that someone!! This boat took a lot of work but it's worth every penny to me, it should be the last boat I need, not that I wouldn't want a new one, but all the work and time make you appreciate the ones we have. Enough about me, good luck with your new ride and let there be many fish in your box this year!!