16 pound torpedo weights-finally

I don't know if you guys are planning on painting these but when you do scuff it up a little with a scotch brite.  I used the black high temp engine paint, this stuff is enamel based and seems to hold up better than regular rustoleum. Also it goes on a little thinker and creates a thin shell around the weight.

Harvey I work in geneva could I buy 3 off ya and meet ya somewhere? Between here and Watkins ?

Here is an idea-I come to Geneva the third Wednesday of the month to a meeting. So it would be May 21st. Could we hook up then?

Harvey,

Think I found a way to do this even though I am in Canada...me and a buddy of mine will buy 4 x 16 Lbs torpedos. He has a US address in Niagara, NY where you can ship it. Tried calling you on the phone tonight but couldn't react you...will try a bit later again. Do you have 4 ready to go? Got to talk to you on the phone though to figure out the payment.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

• 9 months later...

B-B  Right now I don't have any torps made. I do have a lot of lead and I will get making them as soon as the weather permits as I have to make them outdoors. The price is still the same-$30.00 each plus $14.00 shipping. I will get back to you as soon as I get some done. Thanks for the inquiry Troutman 87 Harvey

I've bought weights off of this gentleman before and still use them. They were great quality. He made and shipped them very quickly. If you have any doubts about ordering from him let me assure you his products and the quality of them are awesome. I would recommend them to anyone.

Tight Lines

MyTime

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Blowback is the amount of resistance on the weight causing it to ride up in the water column. Example say you want to target 100' If you use a common round ball weight it may take 130' or more of cable out to achieve that depth whereas a slimline weight like a torpedo will only use 110' of cable to.achieve the same depth. You can determine the.blowback by the angle created from your downrigger boom of your cable when it hits the water. you will never achieve a 90* angle but the closer to that the better

Mike
'Bout Time

Edited by bout time

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Troutman, I have small down riggers that I believe can only hold up to #10 weights....can I order some #10 ers?  I'd love to have your torpedoes on my rigs.......(price on them...shipping I'd assume still $14)

S-S  I don't make a 10 pound torp,only 12 and 16 pound plus the 12 is closer to 13 pounds.