Kicker Help?

muskybob

MB .. Im in the same boat ;) ok .. bad pun!! My boat is a fish and ski and my O/B is wedged inbetween two platforms. for now I went with a plate and bags if I need them. But I want to go with kicker some day and my only option is over or on one of the platforms. Im not even sure if there is linkage out there to tie it into my O/B steering. I've just started my "research" and down the road after getting some experiance on the big water I want to look into what my options are other then a new boat :? and burning buckets of gas!! Below is a web sight I have saved .. my plan was to contact them for any local option or see if ayone in the CNY area does this ... again for me Im just not sure about the linkage etc .. good luck and if you come across any good options please let me know ... Ill do the same.

http://www.adventuremarine.net/motor-brackets.cfm#10000

Pq3BapX0.jpg

Looks like you have an option of modifying the platform as a last resort? Certainly wont be easy but you could cut 1/2 away and keep the 1/2 with the ladder and then attach and hook up the kicker on the starboard side depending on what if anything you have behind that transom in the engine compartment?? My problem for my boat is that the platform is a molded part of the boat!! My only option is one of those brackets that attaches down to the platform or one that will tie into the transom and extend out beyond the platform. I then have to assess if the kicker will clear enough when I’m not running it and I want to use the gas hog to get off the pond. We’ll see – I have lot of things to learn and do before I take that step, and who knows by then what I’ll be up to!!

Pq3F0rNi.jpg

Bob,

Garelick does make a swim platform kicker bracket, but I can't say first hand how they work. I have a full width teak swim platform on the back of my Thompson that I don't want to remove to put a kicker on (that's where the 176 qt cooler goes :D ), and found this one last year when researching options:

http://www.shipstore.com/SS/HTML/GAR/GAR71078.html

I haven't done anything about a kicker yet so I haven't tried it myself.

Tim

Musky,

I have basically the same boat as you (1995 221v Islander) and I've been thinking about a kicker also. I was thinking about shifting the swim platform over and moving the outer platform bracket to the other side. I think there might be enough room to use a Garelick kicker mounting bracket and an EZ steer. I'm not 100% sure that will give the room I need. What do you think?

Brian(Goin Deep)

Musky,

I have basically the same boat as you (1995 221v Islander) and I've been thinking about a kicker also. I was thinking about shifting the swim platform over and moving the outer platform bracket to the other side. I think there might be enough room to use a Garelick kicker mounting bracket and an EZ steer. I'm not 100% sure that will give the room I need. What do you think?

Brian(Goin Deep)

Hee hee, I'll wait till you do your tear down and see what YOU think. :P

Honestly though, I don't have any idea. This is my first I/O, I don't know a thing about EZ steer, and I'm open to all suggestions.