EZ Steer????????

Just Fishin'

I have had an EZ Steer system from my main motor (Johnson 150) to Honda 9.9 kicker for 8 or 9 years without any real problems. Once in a great while (3-4 times, I think) I have had to tighten down the Allens Key socket to tighten the grip on the steering rod. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another when when the time comes.

Our E-Z Steer is original equipment with our boat. 1986 BlueFin - connects our 90 h.p. to our 15 h.p. kicker. Had to make one repair on it since we bought the boat in 1998. Had to have the kicker motor connecting fitting welded to the plate. No other problems befoer or after.

Chris,

We have an Easy Steer on our boat, hooked I/O to Kicker, we put over 100 hours on it this past summer and it works great. Once you get it set to the length and tighten it down, but not too tight, you are set to go. I will post a picture of the set up tomorrow. You can't go wrong, but I am sure there are a few people that will tell you diffferant. Good Luck.

Rich

Adam,

Yes the main engine is turned off, I have found it be easy steering, and I can now let go of the wheel while trolling. With the big motor we were always trying to correct the path of the boat because the steering was so easy, you would steer beyond where you wanted to go. It is nice to be able to actually not have to worry about the boat doing circles while we are fighting a fish with just 2 of us on the boat. I will be looking at an autopilot in the future, but for right now it is just fine.

Rich