NAPA, good and bad

A*M

I've bought napa marine parts before, never knew ,but they're all sierra.  So all you have to do is cross reference whatever part you need with sierra, call and they'll get them in usually next morning by 8 am.  I look the number up myself, so they don't have to fumble around , trying to figure out what kind of marine part you need.

The bad.  While I was there I looked at a marine battery, Read the "date code"  stamped in the side. It looked like sometime in 2012.  Not good because batteries start sulfation after 3 months.  In other words don't buy it.  The guy at the store said the battery just came in the day before, it had to be new.  Then he looked at it, found the paper sticker on it, and told me that really its worse. MAY 2011. 

Check the date codes stamped on the battery, don't go by the sticker.  The sticker could mean they charged it on that date.  We live in the northeast so there's not a lot of marine batteries going out the door.  Advance auto same thing, sticker said 3/13.  Date code stamped on the side was may 2012.  A $122.00 battery that's already a year old. Oh boy.