Deep Cycle battery preferences

Misty IV

Just had my Interstate deep cycle battery bite the bullet after (3) hard years of use, running the downriggers, all electronics, radio, etc. I'm interested in hearing what everyone else uses for their deep cycles. The Interstate has been good for me, don't get me wrong. We can no longer get them through work, however, so being forced to look at other brands. I've heard some good things about the Deka Intimidator series. Anyone have any feedback on the West Marine batteries? Any input is appreciated. I have a few weeks to find a new battery before I am back up to the lake again. Thanks!

I have used the west marine batteries in the past and they worked fine but I have found the Interstate batteries to be the best they seen to hold the charge longer and last longer. My buddies use them in their boats also and they say the same thing. 

I believe the West Marine batteries are the same exact battery sold at Walmart. Here is a link to a battery discussion on another forum (Mod's if this is not allowed please deleate post) :

http://www.glanglerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?16324-Batteries-ARGH

From experience check the date stamped on the battery not just the tag.

Hope this helps and let us know what you end up with.

Thanks for the replies so far. I know there are a lot of choices out there. I was inquiring about the West Marine batteries because there is a store not far from me. For the type of use and demands we, as Lake Ontario fishermen, put on our batteries and equipment, are the AGM versions a better choice than the flooded-cell?