Raymarine Electronics package question

I Changed my mind from an earlier post and here is my current thinking...

I have been trying to come up with an electronics package and am considering a pair of Raymarine C127 units with Raymarine Radar RD418D and Raymarine Autopilot P70R. Anyone use the C125 or C127? The C125 is just a MFD with Chartplotter while the C127 is a combo unit. Should I get both combo units for an extra $250 or so or get one combo (C127) and one Chartplotter GPS (C125)? 

How is the Fish Finding capabilities of these units. Are they comparable to the Lowrance HDS? I really like the clarity of the Lowarnce HDS but would like my electronics to all match if possible.

I need to pull the trigger on this package by this Friday to save an extra 5% off. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Wayne

Edited by stoutner

I have the exact combination that you are referring to  on my boat.  One issue I have with the fishfinder is when you have a high downrigger (15 or 20 feet), sometimes it really seems to confuse the autogain feature on the fishfnder unit, resulting in a really hard to read screen.  You can manually turn the gain down, but it's kind of a pain, 

The autopilot works great and the MFD units work fairly well, one thing you should be aware of is the number of cables you will need to purchase to tie everything together, you will easily spend another $300 or so to tie them all together.  Availability of the cables last year was scarce and the customer service line from Raymarine wasn't particularly helpful.  I am pleased with the units now that they are installed, but if I was to do it over again, I would take a hard look at Furuno.

As for buying 2 of the 127 units?  I don't think its worth the extra $$$ as it would only provide redundancy for the fishfinder if the fishfinder died.  If that was the case, you would still need to physically swap the units out to connect the transducer cables.  I don't think that level of redundancy is really needed to be honest.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have, you're about to make a huge investment.