Planer board release

I have a 16 foot boat that i am mounting a willie dual planer board mast on and i am wondering what kind of release is the best to use for spring fishing?? When my father was alive we used rubber bands i want to know wht size do i use for spring fishing??

Clippers

I use the clippers too.  Other brands can spin around on the tow line catching one of the other rod lines.  It will twist the line up so you will have to reel in the board to get the mess untangles. 

Amish Outfitters Clipper releases. You can use them for anything mono, braid I even pull 40 jets off them for walleye. I know a couple people who use them for their copper and core setups as well. Sometimes I will use a small rubber band with them if the waves are bouncing the boards around alot but otherwise just adjust the screw clip the line on and slide them down. They won't spin and tangle other releases like some of the others will. Great price too I bought a bag of 50 for $60.

http://amishoutfitters.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=18

Amish Outfitters Clipper releases. You can use them for anything mono, braid I even pull 40 jets off them for walleye. I know a couple people who use them for their copper and core setups as well. Sometimes I will use a small rubber band with them if the waves are bouncing the boards around alot but otherwise just adjust the screw clip the line on and slide them down. They won't spin and tangle other releases like some of the others will. Great price too I bought a bag of 50 for $60.

http://amishoutfitters.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=18

50? Why would you need so many? Nearly impossible to lose them with the setup isn't it? You have me thinking I need more!  haha

50? Why would you need so many? Nearly impossible to lose them with the setup isn't it? You have me thinking I need more!  haha

Mostly for walleye. We use jets, leadcore and snap weights off big boards to drag worm harnesses around and the perch, silverbass and even gobies mean checking lines alot. After dragging small fish around the lake for 30 minutes you learn to check your lines at the slightest change and that means re-deploying lines all the time. You probably won't need that many for Lake O.