depth raider issues

i bought a "new" used depth raider off this site, got it mounted on my boat never having used one before  hooked it up on the rigger wired up the read out and spooled up new coated rigger wire. i striped back the end of  the coated wire and tied it directly to the swivel then wrapped it in the water proof tape. Tried it Sunday with no luck of it working. I did put a new battery in the probe. is their any way of testing the probe to see if its functional. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thankz.

When you open probe, make sure there's no water in it.  If the o-ring wasn't lubed enough, water can get in.  Also are sure it was a good battery?  Been there, done that, with my Sub-T :(

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Did you try it in the water?  The probe has to be submerged to send a reading.  If you try it at home make sure to put the probe in a bucket of water.  Run you wires directly to the battery.  I had alot of trouble with mine until I ran direct to battery.  Also check your rca connections and the little spring in the probe, make sure it is tight.  Make sure you are connected to the correct side of the probe, plastic tab up.

Do you have the right clincher/swivel?

You can also find someone else with a DR and test your probe on their set up.  That would tell you if the probe is functioning.

If all else fails, call kell labs 262-534-2202.  They have excellent customer service. 

Jeff