raymarine fishfinder

I have the DS600X. It's been great. I typically run it in full auto while in search mode, then switch to dual frequency mode for trolling. You don't have to mess with it much, which is nice. I got the transom mount transducer with speed and temp. Maybe the only thing I would do differently is use the bronze thru-hull. I've heard they get a little cleaner signal. I got a screaming deal on mine at the time, as it was a refurb.

Yes, you can do that. The manual zoom does what you want.

ZOOM...

Zoom enlarges all or part of the scrolling bottom display at x2, x3 or x4

magnification. You can select automatic zoom so the sounder keeps the

bottom in the lower portion of the zoom window or manually pick the area to be zoomed.

ES, I've been watching this topic vary closely because I'm also in the market for a new unit. Looked at this and the similiar Furono last summer but never made the jump. This question you just asked has been exactly the some one that I'd be asking.

Sponge,what i meant was that if i am in say 600ft of water could i look at say every thing in 60ft to 120ft and cut out the rest of the areaon the screen.

I had a couple earlier Garmin's that did just that and when I upgraded I just ass u me d :$ my new Garmin unit would do the same,....guess what? Nope :x ! It only 2X & 4X zooms that can be moved up or down the depth range. Not what I'm looking for.

I fish the fingers and am over deep water a lot. Like you I want to shoot a picture of say 30' to 120' once I start fishing and that's it. I really don't care what is 175', 225' down,....I don't fish that deep....just lookin' for active fish above & below the target depth.

So anyway thanks for getting this started. I guess I'm shopping again ;) I just love spending money on this habit/obsession :).

I don't know if you can select a depth range like you have mentioned. I usually only follow the top 150 anyway because I have rarely gone below that. In my opinion you don't want to neglect the top 60' either. That is where coho and chrome chill most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the 500 unit on my boat all last season. I love it and it was well worth the money. I got the unit to help me read my humminbird 937 and vise versa. I think it's alot of unit for the money.

Landshark

We have the DS600X and you can mannual zoom to see the upper 150ft. This is a great unit! I as well run it dual frequency when fishing and auto in search mode. You can not go wrong with this. ssfran has the DS400X an is very happy with it for finger lakes useage.