Musky Fishing Cave Run Lake PMTT 2013

Hi guys -

As many of you know, I have a little baby girl coming soon (July) and thus had to take advantage of my free time to fish while I still have it :lol:   Originally, I wasn't planning on going to PMTT (Pro Musky Tournament Trail) event this year due to finances and a baby on the way but decided last minute to give it another shot.  I'd hate to look back someday and wish I had done it while I had the time & health - so no regrets now!  I went last year with Mike Sperry (Chautauqua Reel Outdoors) and we had a blast!  It was a great experience and I learned a lot fishing with Mike.

This year I'll be fishing with Joe and thought it a good idea to test out the new LOU app that we will be launching this Spring.  I'll try to post updates of the trip as we go like I did last year using the new app.  We will be driving half way down tonight and the rest of the way tomorrow morning with the hopes of getting on the water for the afternoon and Friday before the tournament on Saturday/Sunday.  We are taking Joe's boat down which is ready to rock n' roll - nice job on the boat over the winter months Joey! 

Lastly, Kate had her baby shower this past weekend and I was pretty excited to see this new outfit show up:

Muskie_Junkie_zps1cc9ee40.jpg

"Daddy's Little Girl" :lol::yes:

Stay tuned.........

Cheers :beer:

Chad

* Special Note to Wife:  THANK YOU for letting me go on this fishing trip dear!  You've never held me back or told me "NO" to anything in life and that is one of the many reasons I married ya :inlove:

Thank you Larry & Joe. We will give that a shot. Not sure what the lake or water conditions are looking like yet for this year

Sent from Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had a great morning here on the cave. Only downfall was I snapped off my best lure. Grrrrrr! Gonna try some different stuff now to see if we can a "plan B" option

Sounds like you got something working, like Joe's new graph - 2nd pic is what you want.

Don't forget to call you're sister tomorrow between netting skis to wish her happy b-day.

Good luck down there.

Thanks for reminder pa! Good advice Capt Larry as well. I can't believe the number of big largemouth and smallmouth I've seen today follow musky lures. Does this lake have strippers in it? Anyone know?

Had a chance to talk with Crash Mullins this afternoon. Congrats to him on his recent fishing hall of fame induction! He us a great guy and deserves it. His shop also carries plenty of the lure that won last years event. post-139486-13670054415293_thumb.jpg

Find the bait fish schools and work them hard with smaller lures like you would at Conesus.I would use 6" and under lures, Baker's, Tuff Shad 5",Wiley's 5 11/2" jtd, Wiggle Wart, Boss Shad jr, 6" Reefhawg in white colors.Good Luck today Chad & Joe, bring home the money!

Day 1 is in the books. Tough day for everyone. Had 10 fish up to the boat but all were lazy, non-aggressive follows. Zippo for day 1. Good news is that we are tied with a lot of other teams and its still anyone's game. Largest fish I've heard of today was fat 48" incher. Off to virtual weigh in now.

BTW - I believe it was Zach that told me last year how hard the muskies on the cave fight. He was right on with that assessment!