Planer board releases

Adk1

What are the best out there as far as ease of use? What would I use for lake o compared to other lakes for walleye fishing? I am sure there are different tension settings?

Clippers.  They stay on your plainer line all the time.  They have tension adjustments.  They will not spin after releasing and catch other lines on your tow line. 

Edited by GAMBLER

I am still confused. So you set each clipper at specified distances along the line to the board?

No, they slide down the line towards the board as you let line out after you already have your set back.

Ok..what is the difference between them and say the Offshore releases? Is it just that the Offshore releases use that larger clip and these stay closer to the line?

Ok so I just got my clippers. Ordered lime green and got orange. Oh we'll unfortunately my planer board line is orange too. Anyways the bag came with a bunch of rubber bands and no directions. What do I do with the rubber bands?

If you want you can half hitch the rubber band to your line and put the other end in the clipper. You don't have to you can just clip them  on the line or wrap the line around your finger twice and clip the loop. That keeps the line from sliding through when sliding them down the planer line. I use small one inch long #10 rubber bands on my Power Pro braid. The rubber band will either break off and if it doesn't I just reel it on the reel and its there when I redeploy. Also the rubber band acts as a shock absorbor and helps with false releases. If you watch the video above at the 01:35 minute mark you can see him double up the line and clip it. About half the people I know use rubber bands the other half don't. My advice is try it without and if it works then that's one less step. 

Thanks for the help. So basically the screw adjusts the "clamps" to tension it..seems alittle weird to me, I am used to the pads. what does everyone use to determine what to set it at?

Also, is this Amish Outfitters really run by Amish or are they just piggybacking on "Amish" products..You ever watch that Amish reality show about the Amish Mafia?

Edited by Adk1