Landed a real nice 25lb King today mid morning. Really thought we would get into some Browns. Nothing. Fish came on NK5 black/silver. Had just switched to it and moved into close to shore.  That was the only fish. Wind really picked up around 1030.  My Uncle had enough.  Anyone get into fish today?

post-148103-0-66695600-1367009234_thumb.jpg

No kidding!  Did you make it as far east as Irondequoit Bay?  We saw someone out there working the color change just west of the mouth...

We bailed about 11am because of wind and waves but hit a group of coho (three rods fired almost simultaneously) halfway to Shipbuilders Creek.  Also pulled in a shaker brown and our first seagull!  Nailed a white & black stick 100 ft back off the boards and flew off with it.  That bait's been one of our best producers so we made the bird give it back.

Edited by Mortigan

No kidding!  Did you make it as far east as Irondequoit Bay?  We saw someone out there working the color change just west of the mouth...

We bailed about 11am because of wind and waves but hit a group of coho (three rods fired almost simultaneously) halfway to Shipbuilders Creek.  Also pulled in a shaker brown and our first seagull!  Nailed a white & black stick 100 ft back off the boards and flew off with it.  That bait's been one of our best producers so we made the bird give it back.

They are a lot bigger when you get them in the boat, and usually not happy to be there :lol:   fun to fight up in the air too!!

Edited by Big Dave

That's true.  I didn't want to just cut it off, both for the bird and for the bait.  Wish we had a third in the boat so I could have caught some video.  Had to settle for this:

post-146980-0-85318400-1367125901_thumb.jpg

Just West of the bay is where we picked up the fish. My Uncle said that was like shooting an 8-point buck to him.  2 giant runs and fought all the way to the boat, side of the boat, under the boat and into the net.