Cayuga 1/17

Thanks for the heads up at Treiman. Does anyone know if the bubbler is running at T-Park.

Was thinking of a way to talk `frisco into taking his boat out this weekend. Could use some help from you guys reading this to edge him on a little. I know it's gunna be cold but what the heck. Otherwise I may have to stay home and wash the kitchen floor :$ or other domestic chores.

`stix, can you get your boat under the bridge at the park?

I dont believe I could get under the bridge. There also used to be a gravel bar at the outlet to the lake you had to watch.If you go and can take a quick measurement form the bridge to the water it would be nice to know if I could make it. One time in my other boat I forgot[actually girlwatching] and left the rods in the rodholders. Thats embarassing. It has its own wackcrack sound when you go under the bridge.

And Stinger , dont use the same ruler you use to measure your fish!

I was hopin' that he wouldn't notice the weather forcast, and besides, I don't wear a hat so a chin strap won't be necessary. I would have on my inflat-a-belt, EPRIB and a also a tether line tied around my waste if he has the B :shock: lls to go out. My bucket and floor rag are standing by just in case we have a melt down on this trip. Doesn't look good by the way Shellback is helping me out :? .

`stix...`frisco's boat will go under the bridge OK. Have to lower the antenna and the bar at the inlet was passable last winter when we(HE) went out of there. Have to keep your lower unit up a ways but your boat will float. My boat fits under the bridge in the summer when the water level is up. About 6" above the running light on the hardtop. Probably the safest thing to do is just stand on the bridge and measure down to the water. BTW,I use my Italian ruler to measure stuff,.... starts at 7" so remember that when I tell you how long something is ;) .

That gravel bar grew a lot last season, what with the lake so low it's in the way but shouldn't be a problem if you're careful.

I'm heading over later today, will give a bubbler/ice/height report if you guys are interested.

Alec

Thanks Hermie for checking things out for us. That would be great. Even though `frisco will wimp out this weekend we could use that info for next week. First hurdle other than weather is the bubbler. If it's not running or someone cuts the hose with their prop (real bright maneuver) then the game can't start. The water level has been adequate in recent years to float any boat that can go under the bridge. That is something that could change however :x .

After `frisco weenies out we'll be hearing the crying ;( from the guy up north (Chaos) about how he was going to go with us this weekend even though we haven't heard from him yet. Ya right.......

I think I drank to much coffee this morning. I'll try and hold back a little :) ...

Thanks for any info regarding T-Falls. This weekend looks like it's shot. Can't be choosey on which days you fish this time of year!!!!! It makes sense to schedule with the weather or it will be spring before we get out again. So..........stinger the rug sales can wait a day if mother nature cooperates, the fish are active Monday through Fridays!

Hey fellas, didn't make it over yesterday, let alone back to a computer. I'll be there today for sure and report.

RR, maybe "so low" was the wrong thing to write, but:

a) it is much lower than it was, as they had trouble lowering it with the wet fall,

b) when I launched Jan 4 it was a good 24" down from "full summer pool", and even for my 16' the gravel bar was in the way, and

c) I see that last week's rain brought it up some, from 382 to 382.6 or so, but 384 is the summer target.

True it's above average for this time of year though!

Bubbler is on, thin easily breakable ice at the one ramp. Ramp salted. Clearance today high point 7' 1". Currently plenty of room underneath the water, it's definitely up a little from last time I saw it. Nice whitecaps from the North.

Thanks Hermie,...you are truly a brother of the Lodge to take your time to chase down that information. It will make it a little easier to plan a trip as soon as the weather permits.

With that said, my bucket, floor rag and no rinse floor cleaner is ready for some action on the kitchen floor tomorrow in lew of fishing ;( . There is nothing like a good backup plan :? .

drove down the past two days. On Sat open water in front of Lewis' point and full of fowl, today lake frozen all the way to Canoga Island and no snow on top. Talked to a DEC officer on Sat who said that one person ventured out off the Park a little ways and didn'y last long. I would NOT recommend trying this lake at least for two weeks. I will keep you posted.

I would NOT recommend trying this lake at least for two weeks. I will keep you posted.

..I'd have to agree with f-l-f. This is a picture of Cayuga south end at 9AM this morning and yesterday there wasn't any ice at all out in the lake. Heavy winds from NW had white caps all the in to the beach/shore.

4469kpe.jpg

as you can see ice started to form last night but how thick can the ice be?

well, we didn't fish yesterday after all. `frisco got scared after reading Hermit's report and being the gentlemen that he is, suggested that I stay home and wash the kitchen floor because his boat wasn't coming out of the garage ;( . I don't know what the big deal was. The Alaskan crab fisherman go out in heavier seas than that and don't even think twice about it :shock: .

Just for the record Stinger couldn't fish Saturday because is operating as an electrician with very low pay.

Sunday he was cooking spagehetti for large amount of Italians in Binghamton. something has to start giving or I'll start shopping for a new fishing partner.

Priorites, priorites priorites