FX Shakedown at the Oak

I rushed out of work today to get the "Ol" Penny out for a shakedown and a little fishin.  I remembered the net but forgot the side curtains for the top and a battery for the starboard electronics and rigger.  Fortunately the weather was good and I didn't need to run a second rigger.  We hit the water around 3:00 and headed straight out of the chute and motored around for a bit.  She ran good and everything was working fine, so we headed over toward the pump house and set up in 10fow on a westerly troll.  We put out the boards and ran 4 lines with stick baits back 150'-175', a rigger down 5' and back 75' with various spoons and a flat line back 90.  We trolled till around 6:00 and went 5/6 with 4 cookie cutter cohos and 1 fat 8lb brown.  A storm jr thunderstick in gold and orange was the MVP accounting for 3 fish.  Great evening to be on the water and even better when a shakedown goes smoothly.

Shawn

post-140858-0-29607600-1367029944_thumb.jpg

Edited by FX

Nice job what's tied to rigger?

That's the string Shawn tied to his finger so he wouldn't forget the rigger. :lol: any more than 20..er..21 things and I have left something behind before :$

Glad to hear the rig is up for another season of fun at the Oak. Coho for the grill :yes:

Mark