Otisco Tiger Musky Tournament - May 11

Muskies Inc NY will be hosting an open tiger musky tournament on Saturday May 11th.  Go fish your favored waters for the opener and then come out to Otisco the following weekend. 

All are welcome to participate. To help level the playing field for all, winners will be determined using a points system that awards a small number of points per fish, as well as an additional and escalating number of points based on each fish's length.  Try to catch numbers of smaller fish or get lucky land a monster...either could potentially put you in the money! $30 entry fee per person, registration beginning at 6 AM, with a 7am start; fishing concludes at 3 PM. Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

More details and a link to the full rules and points system explanation are on the MI-NY website. Click here for a link to the details: http://www.nymusky.com/#!/open-tiger-muskie-tournament-on-otisco-may-11-2013/

Thanks Trevor.

We can work something out for extenuating circumstances like yours that are known in advance.

The spirit of the 'no late registration' is that we wont have folks stationed at the launch after the start.

We also need to prevent people from fishing outside the tournament and then registering only if/they have success. That would be unfair to the rest of the field

I will shoot you a PM.

Is trolling allowed and in the rules there was something about measuring the fish in the water, and Im not sure  if we can measure photo and release without bringing the fish in.  I troll Otisco, its my home lake, mostly for eyes but tigers too, but I fish from a pontoon and even laying down its a reach to handle a musky in the water.  We try to fight the fish careful as possible, and net the fish in a large net.  Normally I dont measure the fish or take pics just work fast in get em back in.

justin n tracy

Justin n Tracy: no worries! trolling is allowed. And the guielines around leaving the fish in the water are just that: reccommendations that will help to ensure a healthy release. We understand there are situations where that isnt possible. Seeings how you have a large net, sounds like you have a nice pen to get em back in the water as needed during the release process.

Old man: great! Look forward to seeing you there!

Edited by NitroMusky

I moved my client for Conesus Lake charter today to May 25th yesterday afternoon.My boat is just to big to get off the trailer at Otisco Lake launch ramps,so that is why I did not show,if I knew someone would have had room I could have jumped in.Please give us an update on how the day went!

it was nice to meet a few of the guys from this site. I didn't count but it looked like a dozen boats or so at the start. my son and I bailed at 1 after 6 hours casting with nothing to show for it. not even a follow. the only fish we saw were the ones being netted by three guys in a gray and white  boat 100 yards from us just north of the causeway. they got two for sure,and I think I saw a third in about a half hour. not too shabby! I won't be out for awhile,the wife is getting a new hip Monday and i'm gonna be house **** for a few weeks. hope to get her back on her feet before the muskie opener.

101_6903.jpg

Had a great day on the water seeing everyone and picking up a few fish to boot.We started out casting but nutt`n was going on so we started trolling the northend @ 945 ish and got a little lucky finding fish right away.Got one on a rocket and the other 3 on a chrome depthraider working baitpods around 19-30fow.(36,36 1/4,35,30 1/2 and a fat bass).My buddy kevin and i picked up two each along with a fat bass while casting.Brad and zach were cruising by when the 2nd one hit and got a good pic-thanks guy`s.And thanks to to brad,toothy and saucke for putting on the tourney.Congrats to joe on his 41" and to jim on his 40".Hope everyone has a good season and if kevin does`nt keep his other hand away from the lure in the net i`ll be saying I TOLD U SO !!!let`s hope that does`nt happen.He`s getting better though.I`ll have to show him a few of my not so well placed hook photos. 

Thanks

solpost-142608-0-59084600-1368320806_thumb.jpgpost-142608-0-44774000-1368320838_thumb.jpgpost-142608-0-80979700-1368320858_thumb.jpgpost-142608-0-84097700-1368320881_thumb.jpgpost-142608-0-16309000-1368320901_thumb.jpgpost-142608-0-57429600-1368320920_thumb.jpg

Edited by solgrande

was a real fun tournament, weather was up and down but all in all im just glad it was 80, sun, and no wind for once! I won't ruin Joe's report for him but our boat ended up with a tank 41" (complements of Joe) and 2 bass...none of which were anything special (complements of yours truly). I have yet to hook an esocid but if I were in a bass league i'd be fairing quite well haha. Pics will come when Jenelle and I figure out how to resize them

Had a great time at the Tiger tournament. Kudos to Mr. Toothy and Brad for putting on a great fun event with a nice relaxed/fun atmosphere. Weather was crazy but helped make for a fun day. There was a total of 19 fish boated for the event. Congrats to Bob for putting together a nice trolling program and taking home the first place prize. Also congrats to Joey on his 41" fattie! Awesome fish bud :yes:

Our team boated eight fish and lost even more but weren't able to find the big guys that day. All fish ranged from between 24" - 28" and were released quickly and safely. I can say that the lake is in VERY healthy shape and should prove one of the best Tiger options in NYS for years to come. We fished south end, same spots I caught my largest Tigers there in the past.

It was great seeing everyone, even some old friends from my high school days (Mike & Bob), and I look forward to participating in future NY Muskie Inc. events. Ronix - website resizes images auto-magically so no need for any image resizing software here - just upload anything you want.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and HAPPY MOTHERS Days to all those moms out there :cake::sun::party:

post-139486-0-92720200-1368380987_thumb.jpg

post-139486-0-47565100-1368381005_thumb.jpg

post-139486-0-75465500-1368381022_thumb.jpg

post-139486-0-53592300-1368381041_thumb.jpg

post-139486-0-25868100-1368381069_thumb.jpg

post-139486-0-11068000-1368381096_thumb.jpg

post-139486-0-90001700-1368381122_thumb.jpg

post-139486-0-63947500-1368381124_thumb.jpg

Hi Mike -

The software automatically resizes LARGE images down to be "web friendly size".  It won't resize SMALL images larger because then it would pixelate the image and look really blurry.  If the picture is small to begin with (like yours) then it will post them as is without resizing them smaller.  I can see the images you posted fine even though they are a bit smaller - I don't think it is an issue.  I'm sure Joe will want a larger version for PRINTING purposes. 

Cheers --

Chad

Joe, Very nice Tiger! I stayed home and Otisco Tigers bite was on and so was Presque Isle Bay infront of Erie, Pa, Dr.Dave caught 3 purebred muskies in the upper 30" size there.Closest I'm getting around fish is cooking Lake Erie Perch in a few minutes for Mothers Day Dinner!

Capt Larry

Those members of NY Muskies Inc.Chapter 69 that caught tiger muskies this weekend, either go online to www.muskiesinc.org and enter your fish in the Muskies Inc. Catch & Release Contest Entry Forum or bring a completed Release Form to the May NY Muskies Meeting.If you are unable to do the Online Entry or the May Meeting mail your Release Form to Capt.Larry D Jones, 268 Harrison Ave, Buffalo, NY 14223

Thanks, Capt Larry D Jones

Catch & Release Director

NY M.I. Chapter 69 Reg. Rep.